Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible ex-camo paint?

Article about: I bought this helmet shell a few months ago but I've seen barely any of it as it's been used in a film - however, now that I have it back I'm starting to wonder if the paint doesn't hide mor

?

Default Possible ex-camo paint?

I bought this helmet shell a few months ago but I've seen barely any of it as it's been used in a film - however, now that I have it back I'm starting to wonder if the paint doesn't hide more secrets. It seems to have its almost complete dark paint but there's a smattering of orangey green paint over the whole shell and I wondered if it could've been some sort of field re-issue? Any information appreciated!

Thanks,

Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible ex-camo paint?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Possible ex-camo paint?

No clue, but it doesnt look like there is much to hide under those specks of paint.
    What movie was it in, do tell?

?

It's going to be in a film called "Monsters of the Fourth Reich" - I'll attach a picture I was sent of it in use (I know it's a HJ armband, I supplied it but it was the only one I felt comfortable them borrowing as it's a repro).

It's only that the rest of the paint seems to be intact yet there are those random blobs of colour. Anyone else have any clue?

Thanks!

Robbie

Lol! bloody hell mate, I might have to give that a watch, if only for the pretty brunette

As for the lid, whats left on it could well be original camo IMO. Maybe somebody stripped it off for some reason. Breaks my heart when that happens not a bad starter lid though.

Looks like Dead Snow! If you ever wanna see zombie nazi's...

?

Seen it - fantastic film Not surprised that that's popular on here! And I'll try to link the film to the forum when it's out!

And as for the helmet, great! I couldn't see any other logical reason why it'd have green and reddish paint all over it. Could've been scraped off by a soldier for reuse elsewhere, I suppose? Whatever the case it all adds to the history! It's from the Russian front, anyone know any particular battles which used camouflage helmets then? (probably many...)

Robbie

I think it was a camo helmet but someone god knows who or when has scraped the camo off..It was original camo paint IMO a very nice shell robbie..
    regards
    wayne

?

Do your self a favour, take a magnet and see how much sticking power there is, some of that "camo " looks like filler to me especially where the pock marks are, also are there any photos of the interior

?

Dave might be on to something. Could look like this have been done to it.

Possible ex-camo paint? Possible ex-camo paint?

Possible ex-camo paint?

?

Quote by Styx View Post
    Seen it - fantastic film Not surprised that that's popular on here! And I'll try to link the film to the forum when it's out!

And as for the helmet, great! I couldn't see any other logical reason why it'd have green and reddish paint all over it. Could've been scraped off by a soldier for reuse elsewhere, I suppose? Whatever the case it all adds to the history! It's from the Russian front, anyone know any particular battles which used camouflage helmets then? (probably many...)

Robbie
    Camo was used on helmets on every front in every theatre , no way of knowing even what front this one is from !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings