Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Post War painted M40

Article about: I'd like your opinions about this postwar painted M40. Do the liner and strap look okay, based on these crappy pics?

Default Post War painted M40

I'd like your opinions about this postwar painted M40. Do the liner and strap look okay, based on these crappy pics?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War painted M40   Post War painted M40  

Post War painted M40   Post War painted M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post War painted M40
    P
    Many

"Yes"- I would say both look okay but you would get a better idea if you look at the inside of the liner band as these are usually maker marked and dated.
    Are you going to try and restore it?

This is in an auction I might bid on. Depending on where the price goes to.

Yeah Im intending to strip the postwar paint from exterior.

I wish you the best of luck with your restoration.
    If it were mine, I would probably buy a cammo cover from Dartus on the Forum and save myself the work but it can also be very rewarding to remove the paint especially if the helmet is in good condition, and this one does look good.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I wish you the best of luck with your restoration.
    If it were mine, I would probably buy a cammo cover from Dartus on the Forum and save myself the work but it can also be very rewarding to remove the paint especially if the helmet is in good condition, and this one does look good.
    Hi ,it all looks good to me apart from the crappy paint. Personally I would both attempt to strip off the over paint back to it's original colour scheme and get a cover from Lars (datrus), they are fantastic hand made to size pieces from original material, here's mine aged on an M35. Leon.Post War painted M40Post War painted M40Post War painted M40

Nice cover Leon, the cover certainly adds a lot of character.

Nice original helmet looks like EF64 you might be surprised what you find under the paint I would carefully strip off the green paint and I do say carefully I have done a couple and found them to be better after wards don't go down to bare metal even some original pant is no doubt under it. timothy