Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post WW2 helmet?

Article about: Hi traded a post WW2 German helmet. Was this helmet produced in the same factory as the Quist ones after the war? Any idea of the value of this helmet? I know the decals are repro.

?

Post Post WW2 helmet?

Hi traded a post WW2 German helmet. Was this helmet produced in the same factory as the Quist ones after the war? Any idea of the value of this helmet? I know the decals are repro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WW2 helmet?   Post WW2 helmet?  

Post WW2 helmet?   Post WW2 helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post WW2 helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Post WW2 helmet?

Also has the name "Zurcher" printed in pen on the side of the liner..this leads me to believe it was reissued as helmet for the Army possibly. The paint job is extremely professional. Was bought at an army navy store about 10 years ago. Anybody else have an opinion on this?

?

Also no production numbers are stamped on the rear skirt.

?

i would say its all fake shell looks in good nick inside and out,so why would there be a fake liner in it.its not hard to get a Q and a number stamped into it

?

I need an expert on the correct font styles of the stampings. Leather strap certainly seems at least 20-30 years old, with considerable wear/usage. I traded a post war black fireman German helmet for this one (which I bought on ebay for about $70).

?

I have a helmet marked 'Q64' but it doesn't have a series number. Is it original?

"The Quist firm was the primary source of remanufactured M1940 style helmets for the West German border guards and police. This firm reproduced the M1940 helmet in near perfect World War II quality steel in shell sizes marked "Q64." Unlike wartime helmets, these helmets did not receive a series number because they were manufactured in a single production run. As a result, any "Q64" marked shell that bears no series number is in fact a postwar remanufactured helmet of general World War II steel quality."

Hi,
    The chin strap should have maker and year stamp on the end if it is ww2 issue. it also looks post war.
    dave.

This is a genuine post war helmet with the addition of fake decals.

Cheers, Ade.

?

It is nice.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This is a genuine post war helmet with the addition of fake decals.

Cheers, Ade.
    That's like saying 100% guaranteed reproduction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast