Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Post your best helmets for 2014.

Article about: Whats your best or favorite helmet from 2014? I have been fortunate this year to cross off some very very rare German steel off my list. This one would be the rarest and one of the best. Thi

?

Default Post your best helmets for 2014.

Whats your best or favorite helmet from 2014?

I have been fortunate this year to cross off some very very rare German steel off my list this year. This one would be the rarest and one of the best.

This is an M38 DD FJ, a rarity on its own, but this is the Jumpmaster version of the helmet with the experimental straps and full ear and neck cover.

There is only this one known, and this s the example in the Baer book The History of the German Steel Helmet 222. I have inserted the only period photo I know of showing an M38 FJ JM, from page 223 of the Baer book.

So as much as it pains me that my best helmet of the year is not an SS, this one is very special and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

So from relic to minty, what was your best helmet find for the year, and please post YOUR best for 2014!

Attachment 776248

Attachment 776249

Attachment 776250

Attachment 776252

Attachment 776263

Attachment 776255

Attachment 776256

Attachment 776257

Attachment 776254

Attachment 776253

Attachment 776258

Attachment 776261

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your best helmets for 2014.
    P
    Many

?

Killer!!!

?

Thanks JB! This one is in top condition and in fantastic shape still, even the straps and leather cover is very intact.

But I have one more I must show as my Best Of for this year, that has been on my want list since I saw it at Tony's house (from Tony and Kaiser fame). So I have 2 Best Of's to share that really made my year!!!

One of the only known and very rare - and actually untouched and authentic IR 92 Offizier. This is actually Tony's, who was kind enough to let it grace my collection and my Wall o' Pickelhaubes which Tony helped me out on each one with his expertise. (thanks to Arran and Karel as well! )

Again, post yours up!!!

Attachment 776264

Attachment 776265

Attachment 776266

?

Go big or go home! The look of and placement of the skull on the wappen has always just blown me away......arguably the most aesthetically pleasing piece of headgear there is. Don't get much better than that.

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Go big or go home! The look of and placement of the skull on the wappen has always just blown me away......arguably the most aesthetically pleasing piece of headgear there is. Don't get much better than that.
    You know me JB, no half measures LOL. I have to admit that the IR92 Offizier is simply the best piece of German headgear in existance. Karel has simply the best example known. Post your best John!

Really like the Paratrooper helmet first time i have seen one in someones collection

?

If I,m not mistaken the photo of the two FJs one with this rare M38 , one of them is Max Schmeling, the heavy weight German boxer, there is another couple of photos of him, as the German publication "Der Adler" ran a story about him during his training period, from what i can make out there could be two more photos of this type of helmet, one showing in a line up of troops, the other on board plane before jumping, but its hard to distinguish, the only clue is that the straps look too thick and you cant see their ears, whereas the straps are the crossover types on all the other recruits, however the one you show is described as Schmeling recieving help in packing his parachute upon landing, which would suggest that the wearers of these helmets could possibly be instructors, or at least long standing troops

I can't help the thread Doug as I have only bought British helmets this year, but I will say that the two you have shown are beautiful pieces. That Fallschirmjager lid is just unbelievable!! What a cracker. Leon.

Only one helmet this year for me making a grand total of ....three!

This M40 LW SD

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your best helmets for 2014.  Post your best helmets for 2014.  Post your best helmets for 2014. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No helmets for me ....... I bought a 5 acre farm instead!!!!!!!!!!!!

now THAT'LL keep you poor!!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast