Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Post your luft lids!

Article about: Here is mine. My first ever TR lid... M35 Q66. I really need to get around to taking better quality pics of the thing...

?

Quote by dramos View Post
    Here is my salty SD M40 luftwaffe helmet. Not in the best shape, but it was my first German lid and I picked it up cheap. Nice helmets everyone!
    That is a very rough textured paint on that one Doug.
    Can you see the maker stamp?
    It looks like a hkp/SE.

Brad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your luft lids!
    P
    Many

?

First off, I am extremely impressed by Doug's camos! I can see the fragile state of the netting and I would want to handle it with kid gloves , as well. Your Normandy style camo lid is nicely cleaned off around the flying chicken decal! That must have been pretty precarious for the original owner. Great story about the DAK camo, as well. you are very lucky to have gotten this from a vet. Thanks again for contributing to my old thread

Schwerpunk, you have shown some awesome examples! I really like the textured one with the tri-color exposed
    The Q m35 is sweet! Looks like a 66 or 68
    thank you very much for sharing with the class!

Dramos,
    This is a great first, in my opinion! The liner may be absent but the felt/wool padding still remains. Than you for showing it to us

I would elaborate more upon each , but this would take a LONG time
    Thanks gentlemen .
    Dean.

Quote by Dean View Post
    First off, I am extremely impressed by Doug's camos! I can see the fragile state of the netting and I would want to handle it with kid gloves , as well. Your Normandy style camo lid is nicely cleaned off around the flying chicken decal! That must have been pretty precarious for the original owner. Great story about the DAK camo, as well. you are very lucky to have gotten this from a vet. Thanks again for contributing to my old thread

Schwerpunk, you have shown some awesome examples! I really like the textured one with the tri-color exposed
    The Q m35 is sweet! Looks like a 66 or 68
    thank you very much for sharing with the class!

Dramos,
    This is a great first, in my opinion! The liner may be absent but the felt/wool padding still remains. Than you for showing it to us

I would elaborate more upon each , but this would take a LONG time
    Thanks gentlemen .
    Dean.
    Thanks Dean , I have a few more but I need to look for the photos. BTW Doug's photos are of much better quality on GHW , I don't know what happens with the pics here but they seem to lose quality after uploading.

Here's one I posted before an SE. That's my watermark on the decal close-up

Here's a Quist camo , originally a Belgian woodwork find by the previous collector who got it from a family member of a Belgian brigade Piron veteran.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Here's a Quist camo , originally a Belgian woodwork find by the previous collector who got it from a family member of a Belgian brigade Piron veteran.
    That is a beauty!

I have a modern Belgian camo jacket the same as the attached image, it is remarkable how similar the colours are.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your luft lids!  

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post

Thanks Dean , I have a few more but I need to look for the photos. BTW Doug's photos are of much better quality on GHW , I don't know what happens with the pics here but they seem to lose quality after uploading.
    I think it's because I loaded them direct from my iPad so the resolution is lower and I think the forum here also lowers resolution to save server space. I know my photos in the collection thread on GHW2 are way better, hd high res. Our forum doesn't restrict pic size up till 2mb and we have that Rolls Royce system running so our pics can be Suoer large, super hi res and basically size unrestricted as our photography standards are high in order to post there.

More nice lufties Frank. I had forgotten about the camo. It's a nice one. But you have a superb unit marked one if I recall? ;-)

?

Yeah, super awesome camo, Frank! I always loved your avatar pic but I'm happy to see it close up the pattern is very nice looking and pleasing to the eye. It would be the centerpiece of my helmet collection, for sure thanks for sharing it with us.
    -Dean.

some very nice helmets gents
    here is a few of my Lw camo helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your luft lids!   Post your luft lids!  

Post your luft lids!   Post your luft lids!  

Post your luft lids!   Post your luft lids!  

and some factory exemples
    NS42
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your luft lids!   Post your luft lids!  

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast