Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?

Article about: Gents, I am thinking on purchasing one of these postwar helmets for reenacting (a future project) Do you think they "fit the bill" close enough for reenacting? I have no interest i

?

Default Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?

Gents, I am thinking on purchasing one of these postwar helmets for reenacting (a future project) Do you think they "fit the bill" close enough for reenacting? I have no interest in wearing a period helmet in the field. I do a lot of Civil War reenacting and I know from experience how easily stuff like that "walks away" or gets damaged. Also would it be more correct to get one in Field Gray or Field Green. The groups "close" to me are all Heer units. Thanks in advance

Original German M40 WWII Type Steel Helmet- Finnish M40/55 Contract ima-usa.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?
    P
    Many

I have a M40 DD Heer that is a German post war made helmet that I believe was used for boarder guards if you are interested. I could send some pics in a couple of days.

William

If I were you I'd just buy a shell and stick a repo liner in it

Hi, the helmet rivets on these Finnish ones stick out like a sore thumb to those who know what they are looking at, but I guess "joe public" would be none the wiser. Personally I would be more inclined to have a look at Williams helmet or do what the Goon has suggested. Leon.

i think also the rivets on the Finnish helmets dont line up very well with the German wartime liners if i remember rightly

?

Thank you Gents That's why I ask here first! I definitely do not want something that will stick out like a sore thumb! I would really like the Heer M40 in the classified section (not for reenacting) but dang nabbit if I don't have the coin....

Default M40 Style Post War Helmet

Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?

This helmet is a post war "Linneman & Schnetzer" size 66. I have been told it was used by German border guards. It would be good for display or reenacting.

Let me know what you think.

William

I am sorry I cannot read. There is the picture plain as day "64" and I write "66"

?

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?Postwar Finnish M40 good for reenacting?

This helmet is a post war "Linneman & Schnetzer" size 66. I have been told it was used by German border guards. It would be good for display or reenacting.

Let me know what you think.
    William
    William, That would do perfectly!

the repro from International Military Antiques looks pretty good for reenactments, plus they are available in large shell sizes.

German WWII M42 Steel Helmet Stahlhelm 42 WW2 M1942 | eBay

IMA also has the M35 with rolled edge & rivet air vents

German WWII M35 Steel Helmet WW2 M35 M1935 | eBay