Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??

Article about: Yeah definatly hit up the dealer sites, you will soon start to get to know the general pricing for certain lids and what tends to add money or take it away. Helmet collecting isnt the cheape

Default Re: Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??

Yeah definatly hit up the dealer sites, you will soon start to get to know the general pricing for certain lids and what tends to add money or take it away. Helmet collecting isnt the cheapest hobby anymore.... still once you have started, hard to give it up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??
    P
    Many

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    No idea on the shell but I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "plain" German helmet. They are all pretty much unique. I guess the cheapest, but still good combat helmet you could get would be a no-decal M40 or M42. Those will run you $300-$500. Also in the lower end of the price range you can find double-decal M34 civic model helmets. You can find these for as low as $150 if you're lucky. If you wanted to get a decent "decaled" helmet, you're cheapest bet would be a single decal army or luftwaffe M40. The more expensive helmets ($1,000+) are typically single decals in mint condition, double-decal combat helmets, SS helmets, Fallschirmjager helmets, unique rarities such as reverse-decal SS helmets and such, and camos.

Also in the cheaper end of the range are Luftschutz M38's and Afrika pith helmets, but I personally don't like the look of them both. They are very distinctly different from the combat helmet. You can find them for good prices as well though if that's something you would want to pursue.
    Thanks to all replies, especially this one. By plain vanilla I meant an "ordinary" issue helmet issued in large numbers & commonly available now. A better metaphor might have been a Ford F150 truck instead of a corvette or ferrari......

Hi Bill, here are a couple of link to what I take to be a 'Ford F150' in helmet terms. I would say that they are affordable to most dedicated collectors although in wider terms I would say these helmets are not as widely sought after as those with good decals and camo etc.. These are the type of helmets that are good for collectors on a budget... like me who want something 100% original but don't want to break the bank.. or go without food

First up a 'plain vanilla' M35 ( no frills, just a good honest lid )
    The Collector's Guild

Second a no frills M40..
    The Collector's Guild

and Thirdly a by no means easy to come by, but reasonably priced M42..
    The Collector's Guild

Hope these help a little.

Best regards

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You can forget about that , this guys is so wrong with his German helmet prices... I think he deliberately under values them so he can buy them cheaper out of the woodwork.
    DD SS for 4200$ A grade - give me it.
    An "A" grade DD SS for $4200? Add a 2 to the front of that...if you can find one in that condition!

Thumbs up Re: Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Hi Bill, here are a couple of link to what I take to be a 'Ford F150' in helmet terms. I would say that they are affordable to most dedicated collectors although in wider terms I would say these helmets are not as widely sought after as those with good decals and camo etc.. These are the type of helmets that are good for collectors on a budget... like me who want something 100% original but don't want to break the bank.. or go without food

First up a 'plain vanilla' M35 ( no frills, just a good honest lid )
    The Collector's Guild

Second a no frills M40..
    The Collector's Guild

and Thirdly a by no means easy to come by, but reasonably priced M42..
    The Collector's Guild

Hope these help a little.

Best regards
    THANK YOU!!!!!! I did not know about that site & I have already seen a lot of items I did not realize existed, like soldbuchs & remembrance cards. I am really liking this place, Thanks!!!

Keep in mind, however, that the Collector's Guild is one of the more expensive dealers. The site is known to sell high-quality militaria and I have never heard of them even accidently selling a fake, but as a result it tends to be on the pricey side. The best thing to do in your situation is read up, decide a spending limit, and then we can help guide you towards your ideal helmet.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Keep in mind, however, that the Collector's Guild is one of the more expensive dealers. The site is known to sell high-quality militaria and I have never heard of them even accidently selling a fake, but as a result it tends to be on the pricey side. The best thing to do in your situation is read up, decide a spending limit, and then we can help guide you towards your ideal helmet.
    That's quite interesting to hear. I would say that in relation to some of the more popular U.K dealers ,The Collectors Guild are slightly cheaper. I guess the pound is quite good against the dollar at the moment. As an example, I was looking at a Heer combat belt and buckle set on T.C.G and after currency conversion it worked out at £95, and on a U.K dealers site the same type of belt, in the same condition was £115. I guess it pays to shop around wherever you live.

?

The Guild is a consignment seller. He doesn't set his prices, his customers do and he adds his commissions for listing the item. As a result some items are overpriced but there are some great deals to be had as well like the red piped SS EM visor I bought there a couple years back.

I like the Guild a lot and find the prices to be very reasonable indeed. I find the site to be one of the most comprehensive I have seen. I also find it useful as a reference source too. And I agree Doug, definitely some good deals to be found there. The only problem for me about TCG is that it's not in the U.K and shipping from Canada to here will bump the price a fair bit.

It sounds to me like this hobby is pretty expensive in Europe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast