Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??

Article about: Yeah definatly hit up the dealer sites, you will soon start to get to know the general pricing for certain lids and what tends to add money or take it away. Helmet collecting isnt the cheape

Arrow Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??

I am just now reviving an interest in 3rd reich items. My last price guide book I purchased was the Brian Lumsdem book in the mid 1990's. So I am a little shocked at the asking prices of some german helmets on the web. I am assuming a lot of these may be rare models, so can someone please help me find a website that gives a "general price range" for relatively common ww2 german items like "plain vanilla" steel helmets (and hopefully other items!!)??? Thanks, Bill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Price range for "plain vanilla" stahlhelm??

Here is one site that has a lot of information.

Military Helmet Identification and Price Guide - MilitaryItems.com

Quote by roger9344 View Post

I found that one, but some of the prices they give are questionable at best, I mean I would REALLY like to find pickelhaubes for $220!!!!! Wrap em up!!!

I see what you mean! I had not looked at the pickelhaubs, only at the British MkII and the single decal LW.
    I have found if you watch the prices on E-Stand you get a good feel for pricing. If it sells really fast it was probably priced on the low end, and if it sits for a while the price may be a bit high. I too was shocked and amazed at current prices when I renewed my interest in collecting militaria.
    All that stuff we played with as kids would be worth a fortune if we still had it. Happy hunting!

?

Although the site mentioned does contain general info there are quite a few errors in the description and types, plus their prices ranges are fairly high and mostly the availability of the helmets are classed as rare, which isnt really the case for some models

Also, any idea the going price on a deactivated 88mm shell?? Thanks, Bill

No idea on the shell but I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "plain" German helmet. They are all pretty much unique. I guess the cheapest, but still good combat helmet you could get would be a no-decal M40 or M42. Those will run you $300-$500. Also in the lower end of the price range you can find double-decal M34 civic model helmets. You can find these for as low as $150 if you're lucky. If you wanted to get a decent "decaled" helmet, you're cheapest bet would be a single decal army or luftwaffe M40. The more expensive helmets ($1,000+) are typically single decals in mint condition, double-decal combat helmets, SS helmets, Fallschirmjager helmets, unique rarities such as reverse-decal SS helmets and such, and camos.

Also in the cheaper end of the range are Luftschutz M38's and Afrika pith helmets, but I personally don't like the look of them both. They are very distinctly different from the combat helmet. You can find them for good prices as well though if that's something you would want to pursue.

Theres so many variables that will affect the price, like liner condition and chinstrap present or not. If the liner is original or 'messed with', DD, SD, ND the list of variables goes on and on.

Quote by roger9344 View Post

You can forget about that , this guys is so wrong with his German helmet prices... I think he deliberately under values them so he can buy them cheaper out of the woodwork.
    DD SS for 4200$ A grade - give me it.

Quote by curio bill View Post
    I am just now reviving an interest in 3rd reich items. My last price guide book I purchased was the Brian Lumsdem book in the mid 1990's. So I am a little shocked at the asking prices of some german helmets on the web. I am assuming a lot of these may be rare models, so can someone please help me find a website that gives a "general price range" for relatively common ww2 german items like "plain vanilla" steel helmets (and hopefully other items!!)??? Thanks, Bill
    Just look around on dealer websites , they were not around so plentiful in the mid 90's. Most militaria dealers ship worldwide now.
    Plain vanilla steel helmet is a rather vague term , from all combat helmets of that period the Germans have the most variants so there will be serious price differences as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast