Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine

Article about: by KradSpam If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather. I think there is a part of the liner cut out. Will take a better look

Quote by mpnox View Post
    Oh thanks, you answered my last question.
    Well I will let you know tomorrow where the price ended. I really love it as well and fortunately I have now found two helmets that I think is great in a very shorty time.
    It is what it is , a great double decal M35 HEER with what appears to be genuine battle damage , I for one would happily own this helmet.I hope you get it for a good price , and if you do forget the "description" you were given!! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    mpnox, you may well find these threads of interest:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...ne-decal-8143/

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...-or-heer-6763/

Good luck,

Regards,

Carl
    Sorry if the following is way OT.

I read the threads above and I work with photography so one of the threads made me want to try something.
    Would you be fooled by the picture to the left to be a KM?

Maybe not but it shows you can change a lot with a picture just using Lightroom or similar products.

Quote by mpnox View Post

I read the threads above and I work with photography so one of the threads made me want to try something.

Maybe not but it shows you can change a lot with a picture just using Lightroom or similar products.
    No , KM are nice even in color.

100% Toned Heer....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by mpnox View Post

Hi , no I would not , even though the tone is darker it is not a "deep gold" as a KM would naturally be and even though there is an element of the "3d" effect on this ET HEER , there is no sign of the "black border" around the edge's of the adler! Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , no I would not , even though the tone is darker it is not a "deep gold" as a KM would naturally be and even though there is an element of the "3d" effect on this ET HEER , there is no sign of the "black border" around the edge's of the adler! Leon.
    Yes I will try to explain all the trade marks of a real KM decal. This is only pictures and the one on the left is heavily modified from reality.
    When you hold this M35 Heer in your hand there is no doubt it is just that, a toned Heer (although he did make me unsure just then). I hope it won't be any problems convincing him.

Quote by mpnox View Post
    Yes I will try to explain all the trade marks of a real KM decal. This is only pictures and the one on the left is heavily modified from reality.
    When you hold this M35 Heer in your hand there is no doubt it is just that, a toned Heer (although he did make me unsure just then). I hope it won't be any problems convincing him.
    Its up to you now.
    Hope everything goes well.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Proof is simple; ET KM decals have a layered appearance due to the gold overlay. Go to GHW2 and search KM decals, you'll see plenty of what I'm talking about. Print if off along with commentary about these decals by Herve or Frank or Francis. That's all you need. What you have is a target practice ( not battlefield shot ) toned Heer decal. Toning is when the metallic pulver of the eagle ages and a yellowish patina forms. Also if memory serves me that's a Heer lot number with no KM correlation.

The guy oversold it as KM and a battlefield damaged helmet, sexed it up to get more money. I'd walk away from it, there are far better out there.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Yours is a Heer, ET KM decals on M35 shells are a much deeper gold, and have the characteristic ridges between the black border and the bird. Show the seller these pictures, which should be sufficient to educate them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine   Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine  

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine   Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine  

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Proof is simple; ET KM decals have a layered appearance due to the gold overlay. Go to GHW2 and search KM decals, you'll see plenty of what I'm talking about. Print if off along with commentary about these decals by Herve or Frank or Francis. That's all you need. What you have is a target practice ( not battlefield shot ) toned Heer decal. Toning is when the metallic pulver of the eagle ages and a yellowish patina forms. Also if memory serves me that's a Heer lot number with no KM correlation.

The guy oversold it as KM and a battlefield damaged helmet, sexed it up to get more money. I'd walk away from it, there are far better out there.

Hope this helps.

Doug
    Thanks I will check GHW2 and make print outs. I think I have enough to convince them now.
    Regarding the helmet I think I will keep it, I like it and the hole in the back.
    What makes you think it's not a battlefield shot? Just curious to know.

EDIT: I will keep it if I can get it for a fair price that is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast