Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchase advice...

Article about: Hi guys, I stopped by a local shop today, and for the first time, he had a German helmet. It is a single decal Luftwaffe M40. The liner was replaced and glued back in. The seller thinks it's

Default Purchase advice...

Hi guys,

I stopped by a local shop today, and for the first time, he had a German helmet. It is a single decal Luftwaffe M40. The liner was replaced and glued back in. The seller thinks it's fake, but I am convinced that it is a good one. I have no pictures unfortunately.

My question is, will I regret not buying it if it is the same maker (Quist), size (62), and LOT NUMBER as a single decal Heer M40 of mine?! They are both DN137's... I almost dropped the thing when I saw that.

I need to get pictures of it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Purchase advice...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Purchase advice...

Mo, it would have to be very inexpensive - for me at least - if the liner
    has been glued back into place.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Liner is Glued back in?? (How is the decal and the chinstrap,btw?) Is he asking a fortune for it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The paint, decal, and chinstrap are all in excellent condition. The decal is pretty much all there. The liner was taken out, undone at the seam, and glued back in. It's hard to explain. The liner is a good one though, it just looks like it was a size modification, probably postwar though. He wants $550 but he will more than likely take $450-$500. It is on consignment, so that's how much the seller wants for it, but the dealer thinks that it's fake. I told him that it looks fine to me.

Wow thats alot of money for a messed with lid don't ya think.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Its abit of money to invest but it depends on what it looks like. Would be great to see pics of the lid before you make a decision.

Jason

I agree with Eric. Save your money. Messed with items are never worth buying.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Since it is a brother of the helmet you already have I might be tempted to try and get a better price. Could you 'fix' the Luft with a matching original liner and remove glue etc? Would be lovely to have a pair like that, especially different branches of service. That does bring me onto another thing though, it's not that common you get different branches in the same lot, are you positive one of them isn't a bit iffy? (*edit: or maybe it IS common, but an observed comparison is rare....)

Good luck and I hope you get some pics

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Since it is a brother of the helmet you already have I might be tempted to try and get a better price. Could you 'fix' the Luft with a matching original liner and remove glue etc? Would be lovely to have a pair like that, especially different branches of service. That does bring me onto another thing though, it's not that common you get different branches in the same lot, are you positive one of them isn't a bit iffy? (*edit: or maybe it IS common, but an observed comparison is rare....)

Good luck and I hope you get some pics
    I actually happened to have one of my books in my car so I ran out and compared it. It was a perfectly fine Luftwaffe M40. The seller said he was going to give it back to the consignor, but I told him that he should keep it and sell it.

I will take your advice and save my money. I just thought that it was awesome that they had the same lot number. That can't be an easy thing to come across.

I've never seen one that matches one of mine, that fact alone would tempt me I think. If you are not buying it you should get some pics of it at least for the helmet family album

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast