Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q.........km?

Article about: by Pablo The seller says that the helmet was acquired by his father at the Brest U-boat facility in May of 1945 and claims it is definitely a KM. The helmet is not a KM is Heer. If I am a se

?

Default Q.........km?

I'm considering buying this helmet. The seller says it's a KM, but I thought only the ET company made them. This one is a "Q". What do you think? Thanks in advance for the responses.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q.........km?   Q.........km?  

Q.........km?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q.........km?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Q.........km?

This is absolutely a Heer helmet, ET style decal. All manufacturers made KM helmets as far as I know.

Quist supplied helmets to the Kriegsmarine. Decal doesn't look very gold.

Luke

Toned heer if anything.

?

The seller says that the helmet was acquired by his father at the Brest U-boat facility in May of 1945 and claims it is definitely a KM.

It may have been used by the Kriegsmarine with this decal, that isn't unheard of. The decal is most definitely an Army decal though.

I agree again... It's not ever close in color to a KM.

I have no doubt he got it from Brest but as the others have said, it IS a Heer helmet. In 1945 who knows whether army soldiers took refuge in the KM facility there - or some allied soldier picked it up elsewhere and for some reason left it in the U boat pens???? ..... the eternal mystery of war....
    Dan

?

All manufacturers except NS made KM helmets with KM decals. We know that the KM used helmets with Heer decals, however.
    Last edited by NARVIK; 08-08-2012 at 05:05 AM.

this is the other Heer "ET" looking type also used on Q shells

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast