Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Q64 a reproduction?

Article about: Hi guys, First of all, a big thank you to everyone who replied to my other thread. I am currently looking for my very first helmet and I want to get it right. I found this Q64 which looks gr

?

Default Is this Q64 a reproduction?

Hi guys,

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who replied to my other thread. I am currently looking for my very first helmet and I want to get it right.

I found this Q64 which looks great in my opinion. Seller says that it is a re-issued helmet, and being a Q64 (main source of post-war West German border guards and police), I am quite worried that this might be a fake one. It does have a production number, but it's very hard to make out what it is (looks like 1610?).

The liner is said to be a "M31 liner".

Your help is strongly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Q64 a reproduction?   Is this Q64 a reproduction?  

Is this Q64 a reproduction?   Is this Q64 a reproduction?  

Is this Q64 a reproduction?   Is this Q64 a reproduction?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Q64 a reproduction?
    P
    Many

the liner seems correct for an m40 /42 but i imagine if reissued would have been denazified ,the front liner pins seem very new for there age ,sorry i cant be of any more help

?

Quote by James C View Post
    the liner seems correct for an m40 /42 but i imagine if reissued would have been denazified ,the front liner pins seem very new for there age ,sorry i cant be of any more help
    I suppose it would have been denazified if it had been re-issued after the war. I suppose that this means that the helmet would have been re-issued during the war. Am I wrong believing that this is possible?

Thanks James

german helmets are not really my field of expertise as you can probably tell but there a fair few members here that definately do know regards james

The helmet is good. Reissued is having the helmet repaired, repainted if needed, liner replaced if needed, etc.....
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I would like to see a straight on photo of the decal. I have a funny feeling about it based on the pic provided.

?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    I would like to see a straight on photo of the decal. I have a funny feeling about it based on the pic provided.
    So do I.

This is the most straight forward picture of the decal that the seller offers.

M38
    ?

I don't like that decal and in general, rear marked Q shells probably should not have a decal. I would not buy this one. I think it came from the factory as a late war no decal.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

This helmet is indeed too fishy to risk it. I dropped the matter completely. I was able to get a pretty good deal on the following helmet :

Is this Q64 a reproduction?

Is that a size 60 M35?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast