Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Q66 Afrika/Med M40

Article about: Hi Chaps. I picked this up the other week for a song, mainly because it was a Quist, and totally ignored the camo. So I'm just after a few opinions. It's a nice Q66 M40, but what about the p

Default Q66 Afrika/Med M40

Hi Chaps.
    I picked this up the other week for a song, mainly because it was a Quist, and totally ignored the camo. So I'm just after a few opinions. It's a nice Q66 M40, but what about the paint? I did ask a couple of paint experts that I work with in my QC job, and they reckon it was period, but I thought I would see what the general consensus was on the forum.
    Will appreciate all comments, and I won't be upset if it gets pulled apart. Like I said, I bought it for next to nothing, and mainly because it's a Quist (Don't you just love em?)
    Cheers
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q66 Afrika/Med M40   Q66 Afrika/Med M40  

Q66 Afrika/Med M40   Q66 Afrika/Med M40  

Q66 Afrika/Med M40   Q66 Afrika/Med M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 Afrika/Med M40
    P
    Many

Quist did make the nicest M40's but, this one doesn't show any real combat wear or age patina in my opinion. A post war paint job and the rust fairly recent..

Hi Mark , for me the paint is not period as it has heavy repetitive tool marks all over it in an attempt to age it. Also it does not appear to have the slight pink "hue" that period desert cammo has. That said , if your bought it cheap enough it's a good original piece of steel. Leon.

Hi mark,
    I have to agree with what has been said, the wear to the paint is unnatural and also has fairly recent 'red' rust on the underside. Original parts so not the end of the world IMO
    Chris

a bit contrived,but hey so what.

Agree, a very messed with lid that was intended to fool the unwary. If you got it cheap enough then no problem. Personally I'd sell it and put the funds toward another untouched one. It's like the difference between a waxwork and the real Marilyn. I wanna smell the Chanel No 5

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Agree, a very messed with lid that was intended to fool the unwary. If you got it cheap enough then no problem. Personally I'd sell it and put the funds toward another untouched one. It's like the difference between a waxwork and the real Marilyn. I wanna smell the Chanel No 5
    I get your point entirely although I would personally prefer Ingrid Bergman or Audrey Hepburn (other than my wife of course!!) Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q66 Afrika/Med M40  
    Attached Images Attached Images Q66 Afrika/Med M40 

I'd wreck Hepburn.

I better end this before it gets out of hand

Leon cracked this one Mark. Just look at the rust around the rim and the Rivets. Probably been done by my mate 10 years ago.

Cheers Chaps. I appreciate your knowledge, and as I said, It's a good Quist at the end of the day. As for the pink hue. there is the pinky tinge to the edge around the liner on the inner rim, which is really the main reason I raised the question in the first place, as I knew that this was something to look out for on Afrika/Med lids. Someone has certainly done a good job to achieve this as well.
    Atb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast