Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q66 or Q68

Article about: My Luftwaffe helmet did not sell in the classifieds so I sent the helmet to Dave at ww2 german helmets. The helmet was post as a q66 I could have sworn it was a 68. I pull pictures from a ol

Default Q66 or Q68

My Luftwaffe helmet did not sell in the classifieds so I sent the helmet to Dave at ww2 german helmets. The helmet was post as a q66 I could have sworn it was a 68. I pull pictures from a old post I had showing the helmet. I you help me and my bad eyes. Is it a 66 or a 68.
    Attached Images Attached Images Q66 or Q68  Q66 or Q68 
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 or Q68
    P
    Many

Looks like a 68.

M38
    ?

From that pic it looks like a 66 to me. Do you know the liner size? That would tell you too - if it is a 58 or 59 liner it is a 66 shell. A 68 shell would have a 60 or 61 liner. The shell size is also stamped into the metal liner band, if you can see that.

Cheers,
    Terry

Terry, unfortunately Dave has the helmet and I do not remember the liner or band size.

M38
    ?

Hey TD, I just looked it up on Dave's site and he says the liner is size 59. So that pretty much confirms it is a 66 shell unless the liner in it is the wrong size..... which does not look to be the case from the photos on Dave's site.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Looks like a 66 to me. but I cant open the picture up and expand it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have alway thought it to be a 68, unless my eyes are bad the 6 turns in on the left side middle and does not on the first 6.

?

Looks like 66
    Regards,
    John

How did it fit on your head?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I've put a 66 on my head before and the one in question to me was a bigger fit, that was another reason I was convinced it was a 68. I do bow down to Dave's expect opinion, he has seen and handled more helmet than I will ever touch, but I swear that 6 looks like a weak stamped 8.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast