Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Que's Collection Continued Part 2

Article about: Today I will finish up with my American helmets and move in the British ones. First up is an American Korean War Paratrooper Helmet. Sorry for the big white space, not sure what happened the

Que
    ?

Default Que's Collection Continued Part 2

Today I will finish up with my American helmets and move in the British ones.
    First up is an American Korean War Paratrooper Helmet. Sorry for the big white space, not sure what happened there. I Googled the the guy on the helmet and got a Hit on a guy with the same name here are some lines from the obituary I found...."SOKOLOW--Arthur D. Age 77, passed away peacefully at his Riverdale, N.Y. home on March 2, 2006. He served as a 1st Lieutenant in the 45th Infantry Division in the Korean War". Problem is the markings are for an airborne artillery unit from the Korean war. I guess it is possible to have been in both. I don't know a whole lot on this one. The seam is in the back so it is post WWII. Paratrooper action was limited during the Korean war but I don't know much about that at this time either. Any help on this one would be appreciated.
    Que's Collection Continued Part 2Que's Collection Continued Part 2

US Navy Talkers helmet. I know nothing on this one other than what it is. Its pretty generic looking. Original or Fake.

1944 British Paratrooper Helmet.
    Looking for any info on this one. I have seen them valued at $500. Is this accurate? Please tell me what you know.

1942 (Right) and 1944 (Left with Teardrop shape) British Motorcycle Dispatch Helmets
    Totally confused on these two. Why the marking on the side of the '44? Look like it should be associated with paratroopers not motorcycles. The leather on the '42 is in excellent condition. Do these look real or repros?

Thanks for looking. Stay tuned for part 3.
    Q

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Que's Collection Continued Part 2
    P
    Many

Nice helmets like your para helmet and its a nice big size if you want to sell it please let me know as i am looking for a large size helmet , the two motorcycle helmets also look good

The BMB stamp has me intrigued. You can find it on WW2 British jerrycans where BMB was 'Briggs Motor Bodies' a company based in Dagenham, UK that made parts for Ford & Chrysler prewar. They also stamped out the fuel cans and parts for the Mosquito fighter in wartime.
    Did they do helmets as well??? ......... maybe!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hi Dan to answer your question BMB did produce the P type helmet bodies as found on the HSAT and the two HSDR's the HSAT looks to have suffered a postwar repaint and the rear buckle for the harness or at least the bolt does not look correct to me hard to be positive from the little screen ony phone.

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Hi Dan to answer your question BMB did produce the P type helmet bodies as found on the HSAT and the two HSDR's the HSAT looks to have suffered a postwar repaint and the rear buckle for the harness or at least the bolt does not look correct to me hard to be positive from the little screen ony phone.

Regards Mark
    Dont forget BMB made the MKII, the MKIII and the MKIV as well

Matt

?

Que you might get more response by posting your collection pieces in the correct sections, we have individual sections here for everything you have and many forum members who collect US helmets for example might not be looking in the German helmets section.