Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about helmet M1918 cut-out. . . real or fake?

Article about: Bids don't mean anything. I can imagine a lot of these guys have multiple accounts to create bidding wars, or make their items look more plausible. Not to mention the uninformed masses who m

Default Question about helmet M1918 cut-out. . . real or fake?

I know there are experts here who know these. Does this shell look like a repro?

Question about helmet  M1918 cut-out. . . real or fake?Question about helmet  M1918 cut-out. . . real or fake?Question about helmet  M1918 cut-out. . . real or fake?Question about helmet  M1918 cut-out. . . real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about helmet  M1918 cut-out. . . real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Looks very much like a reproduction, The lug/vent doesnt look right and the rolled edge looks very crude. See what the other guys say. Cheers! Sean.

It's dud!....

I would have to agree with Sean. Also the leather string in the liner is what comes in the repros. They didn't even change it out. I would keep looking!

Total repro-- no ands, ors, ifs, or buts.

if you have bought it - ask for a refund. If you've not - don't. Is someone selling it that "doesn't know much about these things", or maybe "selling it for a friend?"

Very bad repro, aged to deceive. Jim G.

Thank you all for your fast replies. I have lurked this forum for quite a while and knew I could count on your expertise. No, i didn't buy it. It's on Ebay right now being sold by a UK dealer. It already has a $1200 bid from someone else. I had messaged the seller and asked for a photo of the manufacture markings and got the old "it's hidden under the paint" reply. Serach WW1 german helmets on Ebay and you'll see the listing.

Thanks again and cheers,
    Tim

Chinese produced fake, made to deceive as others have said

?

Just seen it now on Ebay, Thanks for the info horseman and you did the right thing posting on here first. I get a very strong urge to hurl abuse and other things I wont say what by the bucket load at the likes of this guy! Really does P*** me off! Rant end, lol Cheers! Sean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast