Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question about helmet sites.

Article about: Hello. I'm new to this forum, and i'd like to start collecting. I'm not completely new, i've been looking for a decent helmet for 1-2 years now. I've also gotten a book about the different t

Default Question about helmet sites.

Hello.

I'm new to this forum, and i'd like to start collecting. I'm not completely new, i've been looking for a decent helmet for 1-2 years now. I've also gotten a book about the different types of Heer, Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe helmets. I also look at different forums relatively often about this subject relatively often.

My questions is, though: Are there any sites that you could recommend to purchase from?

I've been looking through Weitze.com, and it seems like they have a nice selection of original items, but i've also read that they have had fakes up for sale at one point or another, so i'm a bit weary about them. I've also, of course, seen Espenlaub, as they pop up as advertisers, and i'm wondering if they are reputable.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about helmet sites.
    P
    Many

With "I'm not completely new", i meant that im not completely new to the helmets, but to collecting helmets. haha

I can vouch for Espenlaub. Have dealt with Aleks and Dmitri numerous times, and have never had bad a bad experience with them. They're a forum sponsor for a reason. If you're looking at getting a helmet from a dealer, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one.
    Lakeside Trader and the Ruptured Duck are also very reputable, but are based in Canada and the US respectively, so might cost a lot in shipping depending on where you are. Have never bought from Lakeside Trader, but have bought an NSDAP flag from Bill Shea and again had no problems.

Regards, B.B.

Ah, ok. I will keep a look out on their site more often for a nice helmet then. I will, of course as a cautinary measure, post the helmet in this forum, as the people here seem very knowledgeable.

WW2germanhelmets.com, Dave is a great guy.
    Summervactionmilitria.com. Karl is slow to reply but his helmets are some of the best priced
    All the top dealers will be out on reach for the next 4-7 days due to the large military show AKA: SOS show of shows in Kentucky.
    Some of the web sites you will find in my opinion are ridiculous over priced for the average/normal collector.
    Good luck,
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

when you are on some of the site a few dealers will have a link to other dealer they recommend.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I've bought helmets from The Ruptured Duck and have been very impressed with the service. I believe helmets over $500 are shipped free of charge.

Espenlaub are great, very quick delivery and you get what you paid for, they're not too bad on price either.

I would give up on Karl at SummerVaction personally, he took 4 weeks to respond to a buy order with me with a two word emails saying "already sold"
    The others that have been mentions are good dealers.
    Morris

Felsenwolf - what country are you based in?
    I'm in UK and I've found Parade Antiques to be honest and trustworthy.
    I also think Ratisbon's is good too - they shipped from Germany to UK in just a few days. They also look to me to have genuine items (or are VERY clear if they are not).
    On advantage of EU - no customs duty (or holdups).

If you PM me i'll send you my complete list of sites (the good, the bad and the ugly).

Nick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast