Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Quist decal (Q m35 helmet)

Article about: Hi guys, What are your opinions on this decal. The paint has cut into the decal where it was painted around and graphically it looks good to me. I have some concerns with the chip marks on t

Default Quist decal (Q m35 helmet)

Hi guys,
    What are your opinions on this decal.
    The paint has cut into the decal where it was painted around and graphically it looks good to me.
    I have some concerns with the chip marks on the decal (paint underneath) tool marks, post war abuse or natural wear?
    Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist decal (Q m35 helmet)   Quist decal (Q m35 helmet)  

Quist decal (Q m35 helmet)  
    Last edited by Blackdog; 09-12-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: grammer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist decal (Q m35 helmet)
    P
    Many

The decal is original. I don't know what would have caused the chipping to it. The surrounding area of the decal exhibits the same chipping/damage. D.

I think the decal looks really good, but I guess you already know that. But the chip marks are strange, they don't seem to be on the rest of the helmet, even underneath the over paint.
    Apart from this it is a great looking helmet IMO.
    Nick

A good decal but the chipping would bother me. Maybe it used to be overpainted.

That is odd looking, as if a child had been tapping it with a toffee hammer! Other than that it looks a good over paint. Leon.

Cheers men.
    The decal certainly has some odd damage, another theory being the decal was masked/taped off prior to an overpaint.
    It's a interesting helmet - it has eight names (three the same) on the inside and a early carbine clip strap.
    Will get some pics put up, work and weather permitting.