Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quist M40/42 Details & Lot Number - Assistance please?

Article about: Hi All, Hoping a more knowledgeable member May be able to assist. A colleague was given this Stahlhelm some time ago, previous history unknown. From my basic knowledge I think I can make out

?

Default Quist M40/42 Details & Lot Number - Assistance please?

Hi All,

Hoping a more knowledgeable member may be able to assist. A colleague was given this Stahlhelm some time ago, previous history unknown. From my basic knowledge I think I can make out the following:

Quist M40 Pattern?
    Q64 (Quist 64)
    Lot Number DN197
    One seriously seedy 70's gloss black biker paintjob with SS Runes...

I see what appears to be Bluish Grey paint in some of the scratches, and from what I have researched someone else has a Quist DN194 lot that is definitely Luftwaffe. So....I am guessing this also may be the case. Is this a pretty low Lot Number???

Apologies for the average pics, they weren't from my phone!

Thanks in advance,

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist M40/42 Details & Lot Number - Assistance please?   Quist M40/42 Details & Lot Number - Assistance please?  

Attached Images Attached Images Quist M40/42 Details & Lot Number - Assistance please? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist M40/42 Details & Lot Number - Assistance please?
    P
    Many

Lot number book has DN197 around early 1942.
    Others with same L/No are SD SS, SD Heer, SD Luft & DD Police so it could have been anything.

Shame to see what it's become

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks for the reply Dan- interestingly enough I found a DD FeldPolizei Q64 DN197 previously sold on ww2germanhelmets.com....a "survivor's lot" perhaps?

Regards

Dan

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post

Shame to see what it's become

Dan
    If they only knew...not even a good "display" space filler unfortunately.

Where did you get the date Dan? Ice's book? I see helmets with a higher lot # on Frank's database with 40 dated liners but it could be replacement or old stock. FWIIW I have a DN148 dated 1940...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes mate - Brians book.
    I relied on his knowledge of the date the lot was made......

Cheers, Dan

?

My apologies for being pedantic, but the last photo does not appear to have front liner pins & the paint texture in the first two photos appears to be totally different.....On my monitor anyway.

Regards
    Brett

Maybe its been bogged or welded? Also looks like a sponge foam liner in there...

?

Just putting it out there Dan. I couldn't see a pin at 4am this morning while still groggy & I definitely can't see one now.

Regards
    Brett

?

Just to clarify, It's definitely all the same helmet - the outer surfaces I suspect have recieved many, many layers of paint and a touch of bog unfortunately. I don't have any pics of the liner (it still exists) but from what I have been told was just stuffed in there against foam now the liner pins are long gone. By all accounts a shame.

I still find it interesting though that 2 helmets have survived from the same batch - If my mathematics is correct (is it 500 Helmets per batch, 4000-5000 batches perhaps for Quist?) that's a lot of helmets around for 2 to survive out of a 500 Helmet lot....or am I wrong with these figures?

Regards,

Dan

I dont believe any records survive telling us how many per batch/lot. Were they stamped weekly, fortnightly or ?????
    Impossible to know really...
    Cheers, another Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast