Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quist M42

Article about: Today I bought this lot. Very happy with it all, price was great and it was practically on my doorstep. The only downside is I think the guy I bought all this from cleaned the helmet a bit b

Smile Quist M42

Today I bought this lot.

Quist M42

Very happy with it all, price was great and it was practically on my doorstep. The only downside is I think the guy I bought all this from cleaned the helmet a bit before I got there..... This helmet was a surprise in that I only expected British stuff from what I was told, and it turned out to be a Quist M42, when I first saw it I thought it was an NS. I've wanted one for a while (funnily enough it's the second Q '42 I've handled in the last few weeks). It has a dark green brushed on paint that I need some more expertise to judge. It has no smell and looks to have been on it a long time in hand. It had a liner in it for quite a while by the look of the interior, sadly gone now.

Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42

Thanks for looking folks, I was supposed to stop buying for a while. Anyone else ever told themselves that?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist M42
    P
    Many

Default Re: Quist M42

I tell my wife all the time I will stop buying. But, I never tell myself that

Are you sure he leaned it or is that brushed on paint?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I tell my wife all the time I will stop buying. But, I never tell myself that

Are you sure he leaned it or is that brushed on paint?
    I regularly tell my girlfriend too, but I half promised myself the next helmet I seek out would be an SS. Since this one found me I have justified it in my head

Yep it's definitely brushed on, I only have one helmet with a brushed on paintjob so I wanted other opinions. I got the impression he gave it a wipe down as it was sat on a grubby towel next to his sink in the kitchen when I arrived.

I am still looking for an M42 Q. Nice pick up. Jim G.

Very nice. I quite like the brushed paint look. Is the inside rim in the brushed on green as well?

I to am not buying at the moment, but my wife just gave me an inch with saying I can spent what's in the paypal account. Happy days, now I just need to find an SS for $50

Jason

?

Looks period to me.....

I always say that my last purchase will be "the last" for a while!!! Never works that way!!!

G'day, my name is tony, it's been three weeks since my last purchase
    Last edited by AMTG; 04-21-2012 at 12:59 AM.

[QUOTE=KradSpam;545444]I regularly tell my girlfriend too, but I half promised myself the next helmet I seek out would be an SS. Since this one found me I have justified it in my head

An SS helmet is hopefully my next helmet. I'd be happy with a SD M42 with a decent decal. That would satisfy me for a little while, maybe a month or so. . I just have to stop buying little things between now and then, or else I won't have any savings.

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Very nice. I quite like the brushed paint look. Is the inside rim in the brushed on green as well?

I to am not buying at the moment, but my wife just gave me an inch with saying I can spent what's in the paypal account. Happy days, now I just need to find an SS for $50

Jason
    Thanks Jason, the inside is not painted the same as the outside no. In fact it looks like it's just an anti-rust wash. Very thin, almost dark turquoise in colour. I can't see a dome stamp but were they even bothering by this point?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I am still looking for an M42 Q. Nice pick up. Jim G.
    cheers Jim, I've seen a few about recently but they are all bright red or black. They have one for sale at germanhelmetsinc in the typical black, item 452. Helmets2

[QUOTE=helmetone;545485]
    Quote by KradSpam View Post
    An SS helmet is hopefully my next helmet. I'd be happy with a SD M42 with a decent decal. That would satisfy me for a little while, maybe a month or so. . I just have to stop buying little things between now and then, or else I won't have any savings.
    Exactly my problem.

I set a goal and budget to put money aside towards it, but what is that in the distance......... looks like an EKI.........you want £25?...........I think I can stretch to tha.....bollocks I've done it again......

You are correct sir! We need a help club, like they have for alcoholics and such. This is a true addiction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast