Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quiz Time....Again.

Article about: Thanks Jim for giving us this quiz. Here is my 2nd attempt, the guy on the right is wearing trainers? Thanks, Jerry

Default Quiz Time....Again.

Today I bought a DVD in HMV. The movie is a Dutch language film called Oorlogswinter ( Winter in Wartime) I watched it this afternoon and it was quite good. It is set in Holland in January 1945 so.. what's wrong with this picture from the movie?
    Attached Images Attached Images Quiz Time....Again. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quiz Time....Again.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Quiz Time....Again.

The soldier is eyeing the kid?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    The soldier is eyeing the kid?
    Apart from that

is it a pith helmet shield on the left hand helmet?

Jerry

?

The national shield on helmet of the soldier to the left. These were ordered to be removed in 1940. Some soliders continued to wear them after that date, but that helmet appears to be an M42 (? can;t really tell from the photo if it's a straight or rolled edge, so taking a guess), so there would have never been one applied...

Helmet with decal and the rifle, looks like a vz24 or a Yugo Mauser to me

The gas mask canisters are replica/repro, you can tell be the lid being a lot higher than that of a genuine WW2 issue canister

Thanks

Danny

?

Blew the photo up a bit and it looks like the helmet could be an M35 or M40....with that said, the national decal could very well be correct.

However, after Jerry's comment, it does look a lot like a pith decal with the silver boarder...

I don't know the context of this film and what was happening when that still was taken, however it does strike me as being very odd that everyone in the background is facing the same way, on their own and standing perfectly still

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I don't know the context of this film and what was happening when that still was taken, however it does strike me as being very odd that everyone in the background is facing the same way, on their own and standing perfectly still

Thanks

Danny
    The kid is trying to stop the execution by firing squad of his father, that's what all the people in the background are looking at. Lovely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast