Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Rad m-40

Article about: by francis006 simply because the decal was on bad helmets (paint and/or application ) ! (BTW The other very scare "variant" with the swas in a round shield also is bad ) This opini

Default Rad m-40

This is a ET M-40 Heer helmet that has been reissued to the RAD. The brown color likely makes this a helmet worn by guard units at a RAD facility. Standard helmets worn by RAD men were field gray and usually badged in conjunction with a Heer decal. The paint is an excellent example of a period color hue. The fakers have yet mastered the art of matching the hue and texture of period paints. The outline of a Heer decal is visible under the paint on the left side of the helmet.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad m-40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rad m-40

Pictures might help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40  
    BOB

Bob , all helmets RAD, single decal i seen , the decal is on the left side , your example the decal is on the right ! why ?

Pierre

It's been a very long time for me to see a Rad helmet but if i recall correctly Pierre is correct that the decal is usually on the left side. Of course this is a reissue so this does not surprise me of where it is mounted on your example.

rgds, Ty

RAD helmets worn in a theatre of operation outside of Germany wore their badge on the right side. Helmets worn inside the Reich would have the badge on the left. Note the M-42 RAD helmet I have also posted.
    BOB

Bob, for my learning process why would they do this?

By the way i love your helmets.

rgds, Ty

Thank for this info , the RAD helmet is not common , first time for me, i see a Rad with Herr decal ! Thank again

Pierre

It was not uncommon for uniform variations for things worn within the Reich and outside. NSKK men were not allowed to wear the armband outside of Germany. Instead, outside of Germany, the sleeve eagle was worn on the left sleeve instead of the right sleeve.
    BOB

?

terrific stahlhelm bob, in fine shape; rarely seen for sure. thanx a lot for sharing. as usual your contributions are educational and evocative.

Hello Bob , your other RAD posted is a "textbook" one but sorry to say I've never seen an original RAD decal like this !

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast