Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare helmet....supposedly

Article about: I was just at a militaria expo. There were loads of both genuine stuff of interest (daggers, helmets, flag, uniforms etc) and also loads of fakes - some displayed as such (medals, caps etc),

?

Default Rare helmet....supposedly

I was just at a militaria expo. There were loads of both genuine stuff of interest (daggers, helmets, flag, uniforms etc) and also loads of fakes - some displayed as such (medals, caps etc), some not.

Now, I had no intention of buying a supposedly rare helmet at the expo. I certainly had no intention of meeting the prices mentioned in this thread and further more I do not have the expert knowledge of the 'gurus' here on this forum. I bow to your superior knowledge and am again and again reminded of the wealth of knowledge here.

Anyway, it was not really so popular to take pics and some dealers forbade it, but I did manage to snap two pics of the helmet below, as I asked permission. Usually, I dont bring a camera out of respect for the expo community - these pics were snapped with my Satio camera phone. I only snapped these few pics because of the forum here.

The helmet was for sale for 1690£. This was because of the current economic climate. The dealer did mention, that he had bought the helmet again - he had owned it several years ago. Back then he had sold it for 4500£

I have no knowledge of these, but the owner claimed, that it was a very rare Danish Schalburg Corps helmet. It was the 'Sunwheel' that caught my eye. sorry, if the pics do not give enough info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare helmet....supposedly   Rare helmet....supposedly  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare helmet....supposedly
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare helmet....supposedly

Doug? You have the only original example of which I am aware. Do you know of one in England? Looking forward to your input, Jim G

I would pass on this,the pictures are not very good but the helmet looks totaly rusted on the outside and the logo looks amounst in perfect condition.fake to me.

?

Jim I am positive this one was for sale on the WAF estand a while back, I have seen it floating around and never have seen really nice photos of it. Personally I am not a big fan of it and would only buy one with solid provenance as the insignia is hand rendered but in hand may be a different story.

Mine came from reknowned collector Darryl Pajot indirectly and it was owned by Ludwig Baer, and is published in a couple of Kelly's books as well as in Ludwig Baer's helmet bible as well.

These are my poor photos of the helmet, I do need to rephotograph this one.

You have some incredible helmets.You are so lucky.
    Quote by DougB View Post
    Jim I am positive this one was for sale on the WAF estand a while back, I have seen it floating around and never have seen really nice photos of it. Personally I am not a big fan of it and would only buy one with solid provenance as the insignia is hand rendered but in hand may be a different story.

Mine came from reknowned collector Darryl Pajot indirectly and it was owned by Ludwig Baer, and is published in a couple of Kelly's books as well as in Ludwig Baer's helmet bible as well.

These are my poor photos of the helmet, I do need to rephotograph this one.