Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Rarest helmet???

Article about: In our opinion what is the rarest and coolest german helmet??? post pics if any

Default Re: Rarest helmet???

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    They must be part of the 'Washington Hoard' that were stashed in the US in '42 for when the Englishe Freikorps Paratrooper Medics were to march into the White House?
    HEHE ya funny Buggers, I Like!
    Regards
    René

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by qotd View Post
    I am still trying to find another of the SS double decal, zimmeret covered, normandy cam english frreikorps medic paratroop helmet I saw on ebay for 300 dollars!!!!
    Got the pic still? no you can't still have it, it would have been pulled by EvilBay!!!!
    Regards
    René

?

Oh yeh it was one of those rare time you find a real gem on ebay!!!

Now lets not get too precious here fellas...recieved a pvt message asking me not to post funny stuff on this thread, as the moderators frown upon it, which I was not offended by but have chosen to ignore....a little bit of fun here can't hurt, can it??? or are the fun police and wowsers now policing this site, trying to stop a bit of a laugh??? Who knows, could end up on wikileaks!

Quote by DougB View Post
    SS-LAH Regiment Black Parade helmet, there are more hens teeth out there than this one. Attachment 162997Attachment 162998

And the M35 DD SS Allgemeine factory black parade helmet. 1 known to exist. This one.
    WOW! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I was wondering who got the M35 when I saw it on Dave's site, and I have always wanted to see an original SS-LAH. Thanks. And yes, these are "in the running " for the rarest helmets. Jim G.
    PS - Doug, I have mastered the technique for ordering the pictures once they have been uploaded, so feel free to send any of the helmets you want to post down here and I will gladly do it for you.

I should have known if it was out there, then DOUG would have it. very nice doug, thanks for showing those. nothing beats the lightning bolts! ah ha I thought I had seen that 2nd helmet before. I just had to go to ss steel for my ss helmet fix, then as soon as I saw it I remembered mr. FEB 2009
    regards Marty
    Last edited by crazy horse; 12-15-2010 at 11:30 PM.

THanks for your input. Is there pictures of the late war helmet the one later used by east germans???

?

Doug, just a quickie, did SS use any type of M16 helmets as i noticed that the one shown is the Austrian M16 with the rivet heads further up the skirt, was this because there were an abundance of these available ?

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Pardon the incorrect order of the photos. I find this forum has extremely complex photo uploader and I cannot seem to get the hang of it just yet
    Let me know when you do, and PLEASE tell me how you did it!

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Let me know when you do, and PLEASE tell me how you did it!
    Just go into the post preview, scroll down and you can cut and paste the URL link things for each photo into any order you like.

Then hit preview again and see if you got them in the order you want.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Doug, just a quickie, did SS use any type of M16 helmets as i noticed that the one shown is the Austrian M16 with the rivet heads further up the skirt, was this because there were an abundance of these available ?
    You will note a vast majority of the early Allgemeine SS, LAH, SS-VT were commercially produced transitional patterns and Austrians.
    My LAH, SS-VT, SS Hauptquartier, Austrian SS VT/TV, Allgemeine Parade DD, and Mirror Runic are all early SS Austrian shells and the last two are Austrian decals as well. The SS-PB helmet is a lightweight Himmler, and my 2 no decal blackies one is an Austrian Droopbill and the other is a commercial RZM SS helmet. No German M16/M17 or M18s. In fact I have a Bell L reissue with Champagne decal in a single decal mode.

Jim, the LAH has been to Darryl's as part of my vetting process, been posted on GHW by its former owner and Kelly/Bob H have also seen detailed photos of this. The hand rendered runes and national shield are lacquered over as well and I have a great period photo of what appears to be this exact white bordered hand rendered national shield with the left hand top corner clipped. This is perhaps the only LAH that could be considered a 1 looker. One of the many I have to photograph in detail and post.....this is my top helmet of them all btw along with my factory black M35 and my published SS-VT transitional. That is pretty rare too. So is an SS-PB and SS marked SS Hauptquartier named with research "lost in the mail"...(banghead). Thats a rare one.

Other rare helmets, Factory SA / FHH DD and FHH helmets. Only 1 factory SA/FHH known and about a dozen real FHH helmets.

WW1 helmets with Austrian wound stripe. 3 known. One of these was my first ever helmet when I was 14.

Heer M40 DD. I think 3 known.

Schalburg Korps helmets (Danish Allgemeine SS) I think there are 3 known.

Mirror Runic SS DD. I know of 1, published. Have heard of 2 others, never seen them.

DD FJ M38 Para are pretty damn rare.

Q M42 helmets are quite rare.

Lots of rare helmets!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast