Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rarest helmet???

Article about: In our opinion what is the rarest and coolest german helmet??? post pics if any

Default Re: Rarest helmet???

here are some rare headgear in wear, has anyone of you ever seen the ss tropen helmet like this in real
    Attached Images Attached Images Rarest helmet???  Rarest helmet???  Rarest helmet??? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rarest helmet???
    P
    Many

?

Here are some more rare ones.

?

I take it Doug that these are your collection and i might add that they are excellent, what fantastic collecting ability you have and an eye for the very best, i would dearly love to even be in the same room, you could leave me there for a week and id even bring my own pillow, can you show your entire collection any time soon, i think many members especially those who ask so many questions about authenticity could learn a great deal from such a collection

amazing and is that a knights cross in the back

OMG.. you have quite some helmets there.. and real beauties too..

cheers,

?

You have a hell of a nice collection Doug, some of the rarest helmets represented and in a amazing collection!!
    Great looking picture.

As Doug already have listed some of the rare helmets known, I would like to add M35 double decal Danzig helmet.
    Would be a great find to get one that is not a dug up.
    Political helmets as Feldherrnhalle, SA and Political leader helmets are rare and hard to find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarest helmet???   Rarest helmet???  

As Doug already have listed some of the rare helmets known, I would like to add M35 double decal Danzig helmet.
    Would be a great find to get one that is not a dug up.
    Political helmets as Feldherrnhalle, SA and Political leader helmets are rare and hard to find.[/QUOTE]

INDEED! Very nice pair Anders! We are all very jealous!. Cheers, Jim G.

Adolf Hitler's WWI stahlhelm = the holy grail of all helmets.

?

Anders quite correct, the DD Danzig helmet is very rare! I was able to do a hands on magnification inspection of the one that broke here, what a helmet, too bad it was in such poor shape. To find a real one in an attic in untouched condition would be a Holy Grail helmet to be sure! I always love the photo of your SA/FHH helmets together! I think you and I are the only ones to own such a combination.

@HuntfortheIronCross, no that is a mint EK2 in the background but I am fortunate to own 3 Knights Crosses, all of them attributed completely and 1 that even has the original award document.

@davejb thanks for the compliment, I can spend hours down there at a time myself. Close the door, put on some period marching or choral music and get lost in time! Once I get past the Christmas season I will throw up some photos, as Anders knows I am waiting for an electrician ;-)

?

Wonderful pieces Doug and Anders too , i very much look forward to more photos of your collections,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast