Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Rarest helmet???

Article about: In our opinion what is the rarest and coolest german helmet??? post pics if any

Default Re: Rarest helmet???

Doug & Anders, thanks for showing those wonderful helmets. THAT was my christmas present. Doug I could spend a month in that room, as I'm sure Anders probably has a room also. man I just can't ever see enough SS & other great helmets like you 2 have, you are so lucky. all I can say is just WOW!. if I could afford to get one more SS helmet, then I would be a very happy man. I really appreciate & thank both of you for posting those pieces of art. I was watching the military channel the other day& they were showing the top 10 armor ever, the stalhelm was # 7, funny to see a helmet in the same catagory as tanks , APC's, etc. but just goes to show you what a great invention it really is. thanks again guy's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    Doug & Anders, thanks for showing those wonderful helmets. THAT was my christmas present. Doug I could spend a month in that room, as I'm sure Anders probably has a room also. man I just can't ever see enough SS & other great helmets like you 2 have, you are so lucky. all I can say is just WOW!
    Thanks, must admit that Doug's collection (one of the best in the world) is way more fantastic than mine humble collection....
    I mostly collects M35 helmets in different branches.

Doug wrote:"I always love the photo of your SA/FHH helmets together! I think you and I are the only ones to own such a combination."
    Thanks Doug, You helped me out with the FHH. Always been a dream helmet for me!!
    I know about 13 FHH helmets in collections, but I have only seen 2 M35 double decal SA helmets. Yours and mine.
    I will not count the one in Baer's book.
    That one is stripped on paint to show the SA decals, or whats left of them.....

One cool thing is that both helmets are found in Florida. The SA in a flea market.
    The FHH have a even coller story, but my english is to bad to tell you that

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your fine collection Doug!!!!

?

Quote by Anders View Post
    Thanks, must admit that Doug's collection (one of the best in the world) is way more fantastic than mine humble collection....
    I mostly collects M35 helmets in different branches.

Doug wrote:"I always love the photo of your SA/FHH helmets together! I think you and I are the only ones to own such a combination."
    Thanks Doug, You helped me out with the FHH. Always been a dream helmet for me!!
    I know about 13 FHH helmets in collections, but I have only seen 2 M35 double decal SA helmets. Yours and mine.
    I will not count the one in Baer's book.
    That one is stripped on paint to show the SA decals, or whats left of them.....

One cool thing is that both helmets are found in Florida. The SA in a flea market.
    The FHH have a even coller story, but my english is to bad to tell you that
    Thanks Anders for the compliment, coming from so fine a helmet connoisseur as yourself!

The FHH came from a garage sale in Florida, purchased for $10...it was upside down in a wheelbarrow.
    When the lady sold the helmet (which was not for sale in the official garage sale) the man present got upset and said, "your not selling my black one"!!!!

The purchaser of the helmet was offering it around and after I contacted him we had a lot in common, he was a collector of rare rock and roll memorabilia as was I once upon a time in another collecting life.
    So we sort of hit it off and despite a higher offer he sold it to me and it wound up later in Anders fine collection in a trade that we both are very happy with. I was able to trade the helmet as I was most fortunate to be able to acquire Darryl Pajot's almost mint FHH helmet and so had "doubles".

I have often wondered what the "black helmet" back in Florida is!!!

?

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    Looking forward to seeing more photos of your fine collection Doug!!!!
    After Christmas and my learning the new photoshop program I will endeavor to post some up here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234