Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

REAL DAK or (Mediterranean) campaign german helmet camo

Article about: Hi, I've been offered an original ww2 german DAK helmet for 300€ And I'm not 100% sure the camo is original and/or the decal. Note the wear on the right and left side (middle) is from the br

Default REAL DAK or (Mediterranean) campaign german helmet camo

Hi, I've been offered an original ww2 german DAK helmet for 300€ And I'm not 100% sure the camo is original and/or the decal. Note the wear on the right and left side (middle) is from the bread bag strap.
    I hope you guys could possibly help me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture REAL DAK or (Mediterranean) campaign german helmet camo   REAL DAK or (Mediterranean) campaign german helmet camo  

REAL DAK or (Mediterranean) campaign german helmet camo   REAL DAK or (Mediterranean) campaign german helmet camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement REAL DAK or (Mediterranean) campaign german helmet camo
    P
    Many

It looks a bit of an odd colour for a DAK lid!...

Looks a bit like the Norwegian colours when these helmets were reissued and repainted. Looks like someone tried taking the reissued paint off to uncover some original paint and the decals.

To me maybe just my old eyes looks like one of the so called "factory applied cammo" that originated in Czech republic that are often sold as DAK and they are highly controversial. Most say they were left over German helmets for Mideast contract. I don't like the Tri shield on that one what is left of it. timothy

I agree with both of you
    At first I thought it might be a Mediterranean camo helmet but that's also a bit differant...
    And as I also know majority of DAK helmets have a pinkish tone to them...but this one is just out of my league:/ P.s. Does the decal look any good???

Wow, I didn't know that...thanks for the information Mr.Timothy

300 would be a bargain if it was a real DAK/MED camo but it is not, so save your money
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would agree with thegoon and say it is a Norwegian reissue with fake decal applied. The areas where the paint is missing is where the Norwegian decals have been removed, they were often applied in front of the vents rather than below. I think there is traces of the Norge decals left on both areas if you look closely.

I guess it could be the lighting I thought it was a tan green Norge are similar to that color also more on the green side look at the liner if it is brick red it is Norge Czech reworks had the lighter German liners in them all that I have seen. That one does seem to have a decal removed which was classic of the Norge ones Sweden and Denmark also used them and I think there's are a more grayer color at any rate it is not the pinkish tan of DAK or tan of the med of German ww2 ones. timothy

?

No liner shot when your buying a car don't you want to see under the hood (bonnet UK) ?

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast