Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or Fake? German SS Helmet

Article about: Hey everyone! I am 17 years old and recently started collecting World War 2 relics, I purchased this helmet from a local man and was told it was real. I just would like to confirm whether it

Default Real or Fake? German SS Helmet

Hey everyone!

I am 17 years old and recently started collecting World War 2 relics, I purchased this helmet from a local man and was told it was real. I just would like to confirm whether it is or not with the experts.

Thank you.

Real or Fake? German SS HelmetReal or Fake? German SS HelmetReal or Fake? German SS HelmetReal or Fake? German SS HelmetReal or Fake? German SS Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake? German SS Helmet
    P
    Many

Sorry to say, but it is definitely not even close to being authentic....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome to the forum.

Afraid not. It's a post war West German helmet with fake SS decals. I'd get a refund.

Welcome to the forum, it's fake, can you refund this item ?

Ah, that's a bummer.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Possibly, he is local so I will talk to him about it.

Welcome to the world of helmet collection. Sorry to say just as everyone else said it's bad.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Welcome, friend. You tried to buy one of the most sought after helmets without doing any homework. I hope you did not pay a lot and can get a refund. As stated, helmet is total crap. Try to post anything before buying, we can usually save you the hassle and the money.
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 11-08-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Shame, but if it's too good to be true, then it usually is!

Welcome to the world of collecting Third Reich artifacts. As insinuated by my user I.D, I too am young. I also regretfully have to agree with my follow collectors in that this helmet has reproduction decals, and the helmet itself is not of the Second World War era. Hopefully by showing this to the seller, if he doesn't already know, he will refund your payment.
    Now that you are here it is always best to post any item prior to purchasing it. There's a search engine which will pull up past threads in the top-right hand corner too. Use this when you want to compare a potential purchase to known originals, or even to see what characteristics the real and fake ones exhibit. It is a helpful tool to use, and will save you more money than you'd ever believe.
    Anyways, good luck with your search of relics, and make sure to stick around, this forum contains a wealth of knowledge.

Add: It appears someone, most likely the seller, attempted to age this helmet by removing paint in certain key areas, and allowing the exposed metal to rust.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast