Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE

Article about: Hi All- First time poster here. Recently bought this from an online dealer. Would love to get your thoughts on whether it is 100% authentic. I've uploaded a few pics below. Very much appreci

Default REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE

Hi All-

First time poster here. Recently bought this from an online dealer. Would love to get your thoughts on whether it is 100% authentic. I've uploaded a few pics below. Very much appreciate it! Awesome site. - Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE   REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE  

REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE   REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE  

REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE   REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement REAL OR FAKE HELMET- First Time Buyer - HELP PLEASE
    P
    Many

The liner looks new but lets wait and see what others say and welcome to the forum.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Matt, how do you feel about the helmet itself and the decal?

The decal looks like a Toned Heer could be a Kriegsmarine and may stand a chance it looks to match the wear on the helmet but I'm sure the liner in this one has been replaced as the liner looks new and the split rivets/pins look a bit loose. so lets see what others say.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

I like the paint and decal. The liner l believe is a replacement but period done.
    I see light wear and sweat stains. The chinstrap I am not so comfortable with.

Overall a nice M40 heer.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello and welcome to the forum. The helmet is a nice toned HEER, defiantly not a Kriegsmarine, it is nowhere near deep enough in it's golden tone. The liner may be replaced but the shell itself does not look to heavily used so that could be original to the steel too. Have a look at the retaining pins from the inside ,do they have a "wobble/extra bend to them? If they do the liner has been out and the same pins re-used to fit a new one, if not I would say this is it's original liner. As for the chinstrap, it appears to have rough/fuzzy edges and that is not a good sign. All in all it's a nice HEER helmet. Leon.

I like it, CS looks a little thick for my liking but overall it's a nice lid.

I agree with my learned colleagues. A nice example overall. Could you take some pics of the short side of the strap, and of the legs of the liner pins as they pass through the liner band.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. The helmet is a nice toned HEER, defiantly not a Kriegsmarine, it is nowhere near deep enough in it's golden tone. The liner may be replaced but the shell itself does not look to heavily used so that could be original to the steel too. Have a look at the retaining pins from the inside ,do they have a "wobble/extra bend to them? If they do the liner has been out and the same pins re-used to fit a new one, if not I would say this is it's original liner. As for the chinstrap, it appears to have rough/fuzzy edges and that is not a good sign. All in all it's a nice HEER helmet. Leon.

+1 Jim G.

To me it is a nice SD M-40 helmet all complete and there agree with all no doubt Heer decal turning to toneing with age as a lot of them do. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast