Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake M34?

Article about: Any assistance in determining authenticity is greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much

Default Real or Fake M34?

Any assistance in determining authenticity is greatly appreciated.

Real or Fake M34?
    Real or Fake M34?
    Real or Fake M34?
    Real or Fake M34?
    Real or Fake M34?
    Real or Fake M34?
    Real or Fake M34?
    Real or Fake M34?

Thank you all very much

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake M34?
    P
    Many

If I recall correctly the DIN lot # prefix indicates post War manufacture. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    If I recall correctly the DIN lot # prefix indicates post War manufacture. Jim G.
    Learnt a new one there Jim, I will just have to try and remember it now! Leon.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    DIN stands for "Deutsche Industrie Norm" (German Industry Standard) and the number behind that is the Number of the Industry Standard, not a lot number.
    Helmets according to this Industry Standard (according to some German pages on fireman's helmets) were made from 1985 to 1997 when the Standard was replaced by the EN 443 standard.
    So don't refer to this as a lot number, as it isn't.
    But you are right in calling it post war.
    Hope this cleared things up
    Luis
    Last edited by PotatoDigger; 08-19-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Indeed post war helmet.

Thank you everybody for your time and knowledge, it is greatly appreciated. Definitely time to become a registered member.

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    DIN stands for "Deutsche Industrie Norm" (German Industry Standard) and the number behind that is the Number of the Industry Standard, not a lot number.
    Helmets according to this Industry Standard (according to some German pages on fireman's helmets) were made from 1985 to 1997 when the Standard was replaced by the EN 443 standard.
    Luis
    Great information Luis, you are light years ahead of most new collectors and are teaching some of us "old timers" as well! Jim G.

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Luis
    I think they were made earlier than the eighties , I read sixties with this particular DIN nr , later ones would not be black but white or yellow fluorescent. At least that is what I found.

Yes a nice post war helmet manufactured by Linnemann-Schneztler in West Germany already from 50's