Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Real M42 Cammo??

Article about: Hello forum, I´m pretty sattisfied with my collection so far, as i have all the main models in my collection, so now i´m gonna move into a more expensive, and also harder field of collecti

Default Real M42 Cammo??

First of all - i forgot to add the ? in the titel... i really wish you could edit the titel of your post!

Hello forum,

I´m pretty sattisfied with my collection so far, as i have all the main models in my collection, so now i´m gonna move into a more expensive, and also harder field of collecting - cameos.
    I have not really any experience with cameos, so i would like to ask your opinions on this piece.

Its an Size 68 ET produced Model 42, with - atleast it seems that way to me - the original inside paint, and linerband, without any remains of the chinstrap or leather. What is weird about it the helmet is that there are patches of - seemingly older - rust, but also of bare metal without any rust on them, so either recent additions, or the helmet was very well stored since these where added.

The outside paint is a seemingly very thick, and strongly textured layer, that maybe could be woodchips, but i´m not in any way sure about it.

I´m sorry if it is just a piece of postwar messed with trash, but as i said, i really dont have any experience with cameos, and i just want to learn.
    Any Opions and help on this piece would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??Real M42 Cammo??
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 06-10-2020 at 01:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real M42 Cammo??
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would really like to see close ups of the chipping paint on the edges as I don't see any base paint. I would expect to see at least some
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the opinion! I will ask the seller about for of that section!

Also thank you to whoever added the question marks to the titel of the post!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Thanks for the opinion! I will ask the seller about for of that section!

Also thank you to whoever added the question marks to the titel of the post!
    That was me.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The helmet looks to be a fake one, I am not liking the ET stamp, which would make the paint work a busted flush.

Looks like a fake shell indeed , the base color is bad for starters so the fried onion camo is bad too.

Thank you very much, i should have definitly seen that the shell was not legit... well, we all make mistakes, and thanks to the forum we can learn from them without wasting money for fakes!

MAP
    ?

Their eyes are better than mine. I can hardly see the stamp.

Yup, fake shell indeed, even drunk me can make out the stamp is fake haha
    (finally finished with school and just got home, that's why )
    Luis

Again with the drinking Luis? I will have to look you up and go out for a few beers next time I'm in Germany! Jim G.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast