Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real M42 Helmet?

Article about: i bought this helmet with no info or anything but i was able to find out that it is an m42 and the obvious that the breadbag strap (which came with the helmet) is luftwaffe but im not sure i

Default Real M42 Helmet?

i bought this helmet with no info or anything but i was able to find out that it is an m42 and the obvious that the breadbag strap (which came with the helmet) is luftwaffe but im not sure if its real or not and i would love an honest opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real M42 Helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real M42 Helmet?

With the strap on it like that it's hard to say for sure if it's a good helmet. Any decals present? Maker mark and lot #? I don't know anything about the strap, but the liner looks questionable for now. Try for better pics, close ups and better lighting then wait for further opinions.

I agree, if you could post maker and lot numbers that would be great. The inner skirt looks blue but with many other colours mixed in, maybe stripped?? Strap doesnt look the same as the helmet so I would say added to enhance as well. Cant say if the strap is good either. I think more pics are needed

?

I would say the strap has been added to enhance the overall look, to me the straps condition doesnt match the helmets but without better close ups of the strap and if there are any markings its difficult to offer an opinion as to whether its original or not, the helmet appears to have two seperate colour schemes, exterior and interior, a better photo of the liner to ascertain true colour would help, but it is possible that its a Norwegian which could make the helmet a repaint, lot no/s and maker would help

those are the only markings the breadbag strap has and i removed the strap and ook thoe final 2 pics. the leather the lining is made out of is VERY dried out so its all cracking and stuff that might be why the color is weird as for numbers the makers number is ET64 the lot number im having a very hard time reading but looks like it could possibly be 2C2 or 2L2 or something

Is it my eyes or can I see the outline of an adler on the 3rd pic?

In my opinion its a good lid, possibly wartime re paint and possibly a lufty lid, but hard to tell from the pics. I think the liner is just a little dry but just well used. The bread bag strap is just an add on though and I wont judge the helmet with it.

I like it!

I agree, The Lid looks fine to me, the strap although obviously not originally belonging to the helmet also looks good IMO i like the stitching and i haven't seen a fake one with stamps to the leather but I've been wrong before!!

Cheers Phill