Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A real shame!!!

Article about: My wife gave me this one for Christmas about 10 years ago. She picked it up from a very good friend of mine (the one she affectionately calls my "helmet pusher"). When I opened the

Default A real shame!!!

My wife gave me this one for Christmas about 10 years ago. She picked it up from a very good friend of mine (the one she affectionately calls my "helmet pusher"). When I opened the box she apologized for the condition but said that he told her it was a very rare helmet and had something to do with a beer hall. Too bad the vet didn't store it in the attic instead if the cellar! Isn't that always the way, the scratch on the double decal SS helmet is smack dab in the middle of the runic shield and the scratch on the Luftschutz helmet is on the rear of the apron. Anyway, it is what it is, a real FHH, an SE66, lot # 4002. It was probably refurbished in 1940, as it has a steel banded liner. It originally was Luftwaffe helmet, as the original factory blue/gray paint can be seen in the dome. Not mint, but real. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A real shame!!!   A real shame!!!  

A real shame!!!   A real shame!!!  

A real shame!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A real shame!!!
    P
    Many

Hi , that's an interesting lid even in this condition , was it originally decaled twice as the shield looks rather wide,as if two decals were slightly "off set" on top of each other. Leon.

Hi Leon, Actually it only received one set of FHH deals. Feldherrnhalle decals are much wider than standard shield decals on Heer/KM/SS/Police helmets. With FHH helmets, which almost invariably were originally Luftwaffe helmets, you often see the Luft adler and/or the tricolor under FHH decals and the chocolate brown SA paint. I can't see that on this helmet, but in hand, it is clear that this one only was adourned with one set of FHH transfers. Regarding condition, with most helmets condition is everything, but with rare birds like this, I say pick it up and hope to upgrade someday in the future. Cheers, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 01-19-2014 at 08:57 PM.

?

Leon as Jim says FHH decals are completely different than regular decals in dimension. A rare bird despite condition.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Leon as Jim says FHH decals are completely different than regular decals in dimension. A rare bird despite condition.
    Hi chaps , do either of you have an image of an FHH decal to hand that I my look at and learn from? Thanks in advance ,Leon.

I totally agree with Jim, condition is not everything when it come to rare helmets.
    Great helmet you got there.
    chris

A rare bird indeed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi chaps , do either of you have an image of an FHH decal to hand that I my look at and learn from? Thanks in advance ,Leon.

Here is mine.
    Cheers
    Doug
    Can't wait to see h2id's soon :-)

Attachment 632082

Attachment 632084

Very nice Doug. I like the way you can see the L/W decals under FHH decals and repaint. Textbook example in superb condition. Jim G.

PS: Soon Doug, soon.