Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Real single decal Heer helmets????

Article about: WWII German Helmets (2)

Default Real single decal Heer helmets????

WWII German Helmets (2)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real single decal Heer helmets????   Real single decal Heer helmets????  

Real single decal Heer helmets????   Real single decal Heer helmets????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real single decal Heer helmets????
    P
    Many

Default re: Real single decal Heer helmets????

Looks promising. The first is an M35 Heer, might still be a double decal but will need to see a photo of the right side. The second is an M40 Heer. It might just be the picture, but it looks to be painted black. Try to get more all around pictures, lot numbers and close up shots of all decals. Mid Jersey isn't far from Maryland. Might have to beat me to them Just kidding. I'm not looking for any right now. These could be nice examples for your collection.

Both look good to me.
    But I do not like the price full retail.
    chris

The M35 looks like the liner has been removed and played with at one time or another and the M40's liner looks like it May have red rot of the leather. And for that kind of money, I would at least want chinstraps with them...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

With chinstraps I see guys asking $1000 for helmets like these. If you can get them for $500 each then I think you are doing OK, at least the M35 would be good at that price. The black M40 is either a Flak helmet or has been post war painted so there will be more risk if you take the M40 without an in hands inspection.

I'd offer $500 for the M35, and that's about it. They are good helmets but they are not $750 good.

Pics added and as I said last night, links die, leaving a useless thread for future reference. PLEASE always add the pics to the thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Real single decal Heer helmets????

They'd be worth $600 if the Verteran Estate part was certain to be true. Then, it would have a story and those are the best....

Except stories are like a$$holes...everybody's got one.

?

I have made several purchases from this guy for a fellow collector. The first was a M35 SD lid, with about 10% of a decal left and no chin strap ...it also came with a steel HJ buckle , which was about 75-80%. picked up the pair for $350. Perhaps he is checking prices online now, lol..... then made a second purchase of a Shacko, minus the green wool covering, a DAF funeral sash in near mint condition and few other smalls. He threw in a baggie of 3 Reich coins and stamps also for free. That lot was $400. the only issue was with the Shacko, the front strap, that sits below the eagle had been replaced with a repro strap and the cockade center was repainted red. I have the original pics from the craigslist posting of the M35 and buckle, i didn't save the other pics ....: Hope this helps !!!! purchased these in June i believe.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real single decal Heer helmets????   Real single decal Heer helmets????  

Attached Images Attached Images Real single decal Heer helmets???? 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast