Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real WW2 german M42 helmet? PLEASE HELP!

Article about: Andy, Sorry if I interrupted the sort of encouragement and advice you have already given me.

Default Real WW2 german M42 helmet? PLEASE HELP!

Real WW2 german M42 helmet? PLEASE HELP!Real WW2 german M42 helmet? PLEASE HELP!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real WW2 german M42 helmet? PLEASE HELP!
    P
    Many

Please gentlemen! Is it a genuine wartime M42 german helmet? The shell is unmarked except a "5" on the rear skirt. And if it's real what maker could it be?

Hi Hartman,

While the photos aren’t very clear it appears to be a nice original M42 with a nice liner and steel liner band. No insignia dating this helmet from mid 1943 onward.

Wait for more experienced members to offer information on the lot number etc.

Andrew

Thank you Andy and sorry for the pics. No idea about the maker?

Not at this stage as that is not one I have seen but still learning. There will be other members with much more experience along shortly who will be able to advise you.

?

My opinion is only based on my own mistakes.
    I have 5(I hope)genuine M42 shells,but what is painted on or what lines it,is what gets faked in all but the very most obvious examples.
    I like the helmet but the leather looks like it has no wear or stretch to it?
    If its cheap and the people who really know say the shell and/or paint is good you might choose to bargain with the seller for this.

Hartman, I think it may be an ckl as of the ones that I’ve seen so far in Franks lot database the single digit ones all appear to be ET. This stands for Eisenhüttenwerke, Thale. However the ET designation was later changed to ckl so this is most probably what it is.

Again, please wait for the experts to chime in.

I think the liner looks ok but it was late war helmet so would not have been hard worn for multiple years unlike say an early m35 that by the end of the war may have seen nearly ten years of use. I have a late war M42 and the leather is about the same condition. I think there is scuffing around the perimeter of the liner but these photos are not close enough to judge.

?

Andy,I just viewed your hkp and it has now closed my mouth.
    It looks great.
    (Including the liner)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast