Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?

Article about: Hello all, I am brand new here, because I am thinking of buying this helmet. I must say that I don't have yet much idea what is real and what is not, especially because it seems there is so

Default Re: Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Au contriare Corey! I own a killer DAK M35 with British net that's been on it since wartime. Brought home by a Merchant Marine when he traded items, can't remember what, with a German soldier in a North African POW camp for it. Was purchased from his son. I'll post a photo tomorrow. The British net is very fragile but original to the helmet. The Brits also had netted helmets as did the Americans in North Africa.
    Interesting stuff Doug, I would love to see it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I think the "tan" paint might even be faded post war fireman's orange ( or scrubbed back and tonally affected by the original green ).
    ......certainly the dome colour looks like it on my computer!

Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

?

It's on the wall ;-)
    I'm on my iPad I don't have the helmet pic on this device but I do on my laptop, I'll pop it up tomorrow. It's sweet and I've a mile long list of collectors who are in line for it but with the provenance and maybe the nicest DAK I've ever seen its NFS (not for sale)!

Oh I see it, it is in the top right corner under the Feldherrnhalle! I have spent hours on that thread and never seen that helmet before. That one deserves a thread all its own

Hmmn but your net is more like a tan crochet blanket, really close knit. It would be practical in North Africa, unlike the net on the helmet in this thread, which has huge gaping holes.

A tan net with large holes on a DAK helmet doesn't make any sense. It would be like having a completely white snow camo helmet with a white net in Antarctica... not very practical.

Both helmets shown aren't worth a dime. (from a collector perspective)

I wouldn't bother with either of those helmets. Save your money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12