Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

recomendations where to buy a geniune german ww2 helmet

Article about: can anyone recomend anywhere to get a geniune german ww2 helmet Annoyed from this ads?  

Default recomendations where to buy a geniune german ww2 helmet

can anyone recomend anywhere to get a geniune german ww2 helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement recomendations where to buy a geniune german ww2 helmet
    P
    Many

?

GHW2 classified section or this classified section.

What is your budget?

Some good sites are, Germanhelmetsinc, The Ruptured Duck, Stewart's military, and there are many others.

I'd also definately like some advice on this. From actual collectors who *know* a genuine helmet and who to trust. I know there are lots of traders who claim to be supplying the Real Thing (at Real Thing prices too...) and then there's Ebay...and although at least some of those German helmets must be the Real Thing, how to tell?... . I'm a reasonably well-informed, competent and observant helmet collector, I know my stull around most areas, but the absurdly high prices (I mean, these things aren't *rare*, in the same sense that other helmets, which sell for much much less, really *are * rare) definately intimidate me. I don't want to spend that much and not get what I believe I am buying. (NB, I just want decent complete examples of the M35/40/42, no particular interest in decals or camo or anything like that).

I've never actually had a genuine M35-family helmet to inspect with finger and eye, and I would have to be buying by mailorder anyway, so some actual detailed advice on who and where would be handy. I do know the obvious sites like Ruptured Duck, but they all seem to be aiming at a more particular collector than I.

Quote by DougB View Post
    GHW2 classified section or this classified section.

What is your budget?
    Hi not sure what prices are but would like a dd with liner and chinstrap what are your thoughts

Would think you would be looking about the 2000 pound mark for a DD with liner. Would also suggest WAF classifieds. Helmets there are normally veted by the membership and although you should make up your own mind this gives some modicum of comfort.

Quote by golf19gt View Post
    Hi not sure what prices are but would like a dd with liner and chinstrap what are your thoughts
    depends a m35 dd heer with origanl m31 liner and nice dated chin strap, and decals and paint in great condition will cost more then a m35 dd reissued helmet with a replacement liner. but a km dd m35 helmet with original liner and chin strap will cost even more. as well as a ss dd m35. but a well worn m35 dd german helmet may be less in price. and a well worn m35 helmet with a replaced liner may be even less. but it depends were you look as prices will vary in differnent sites. and shops