Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reference book questions - Stahlhelm

Article about: Guys, Just had the pleasure of finishing reading Gary Wilkins Collectors Guide to TR Cloth headgear cover to cover (will need to read again as there was so much to absorb) But I wanted to mo

MAP
    ?

Default Reference book questions - Stahlhelm

Guys,

Just had the pleasure of finishing reading Gary Wilkins Collectors Guide to TR Cloth headgear cover to cover (will need to read again as there was so much to absorb)

But I wanted to move on and get a very good book for German Stahlhelms?

I know some of you have recommended Ken Niewiarowicz's "German Combat Helmets" book and it looks great but before I buy it, are there any other recommendations?

Given the cost of these books I will likely just get one to start so want to make sure I pick the right one.

Thanks in advance!!!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reference book questions - Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

That's a good one to have MAP I have read it several times lot covered in it as to opposed to others I have about all of them from the old Goodapple and Weind ones to the Radovic books and in between The policeman's book out of PA is a good one for vet picked up pieces think of the name in a minute Combat helmets of the Third Reich by Thomas Kibler. I suspose they all have their faults as some say the Radovic books have fakes in them its a matter of choice I like them all but Ken N book is great hope this helps. timothy

?

Best book to start with is Kens. I would have the Ludwig Baer book "The History of the German Steel Helmet 1916-1945 and Kelly Hicks SS Steel V2.0

Doug has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Those three books are the essentials. Baer's book is great. What it lacks in color photos it makes up for with information. They have gone up in price a little since he passed away. I managed to snag one last winter for $60. Kens book has had another printing so they are back to being affordable. You can get one from him directly, and signed. His site is German Helmets Inc (just put that into Google). He is also a reliable dealer. So is Kelly Hicks. I have his books but not yet read them. I stay away from Radovics books based on things I have heard.

If you can only afford one book right now I would buy Ken's. Good luck and happy collecting.

I bought Ken's ...... still looking for a realistic priced Baer.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I bought Ken's ...... still looking for a realistic priced Baer.

Dan
    I just saw one somewhere, and recently. I'll keep my eyes open Dan. If I see a copy for cheap I'll grab it for ya.

Thanks Todd! !
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I emailed Ken last night and sent him a paypal so book should be arriving soon.

Will have to keep my eyes out for these others (I see most were reviewed on Ken's website as well).

He also has a nice apple green DD M35 for sale.......oh how I want one!!!! but just cleaned out my collecting account to buy that FJ last week! I will have to wait for another time....

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It sounds ludicrous but the waiting we do to get a great piece is half the fun!

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    It sounds ludicrous but the waiting we do to get a great piece is half the fun!
    And our wives tell us we have no patience!!! Go figure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast