Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

refurbished helmets

Article about: hello everyone, as i mentioned on an earlier post, ive been searching for a relic helmet and relic helmet websites. as I was looking through this site, i kept finding people who bought black

Default refurbished helmets

hello everyone, as i mentioned on an earlier post, ive been searching for a relic helmet and relic helmet websites. as I was looking through this site, i kept finding people who bought black painted helmets and once they stripped the paint away, they sometimes had the original paint or camo. what type of helmets are these? and are they original WW2 German helmets that have been used post-war with post war paint? Are these "refurbished" helmets? and where can i find one for a decent price?
    Thank you guys for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement refurbished helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: refurbished helmets

I found this site, is it a trusted site? are they original helmets, and are these the type that you can strip the paint away from and hope they have original paint underneath?
    original helmet components

?

this is one i striped the other day its a ef64 m42 double decal police lid there is 90% of original paint on this lid and the borders of were the decals once where if i where you i wouldnt go out buying post war pained lids to find original paint cos 98% of the time you will only find a very small bit of paint if any at all the reason i buy the lids is to restore them for reenacting and i like restoring them i also dont like to see them go to waist i dont do it to find original paint and what not
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture refurbished helmets   refurbished helmets  

refurbished helmets   refurbished helmets  

I've been doing research and I think that they sandblasted the paint off of them, therefore most if not all the original paint is removed, im not going to buy one anymore, I thought it was a good idea. Thank you for the help! And that's a nice lid you have there.

?

yes most of them got sandblasted but then agen alot of them didnt. it is a nice looking helmet thank you. its up on ebay now its no good to me cos i cant restore it i know that sounds mad but i would rather see is go to some one that would enjoy it more than i would