Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35

Article about: I just had a look at Regimentals website. They have stopped putting prices on all of their helmets, some helmets are marked as 'price on request'. I was wondering what benefit this could hav

Default Re: Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35

Quote by oradour View Post
    Harry, I doubt that...(especially with Malcolm Fisher) only recently I was talking to a dealer based in Stockport, I lamented at his high prices, and that he may struggle to achieve them in this economic climate, he replied "They will sit on the shelf until they do sell, which they will eventually" I got the impression they will probably go up in price not down during that time!
    John has a bit of a reputation for high prices, but he must be selling - or he wouldn't still be in business.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35
    P
    Many

More power to him, if he can make a good living selling militaria. I said before that for me it is way overpriced but I won't begrudge anyone who wants to spend this amount to obtain it. If I saw something that I wanted immediately and that was the lowest price I could find at the moment, I would buy it as well. Provided, of course, that I could afford it.

Hello Everybody ! I have noticed this done so dealers can check the competions prices before they "pull the trigger" on their own price. ,
    BTW , I just drifted in from GHW. , Andy

Hi Andy
    Got to agree to disagree on that one. Myself anyway, I do my research before putting an item up. So i always put a price on. I know some dealers do it simply to keep interest alive with so much competition

But that's just me

nice to see you here, and welcome

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Hi Andy
    Got to agree to disagree on that one. Myself anyway, I do my research before putting an item up. So i always put a price on. I know some dealers do it simply to keep interest alive with so much competition

But that's just me

nice to see you here, and welcome
    Hello John , I guess what I was saying with the ever changing market in especially helmets. One has to watch the competion and the market carefully . I know I do. Fairly common thing at shows . ,Andy

Quote by swartzadler View Post
    , I just drifted in from GHW. , Andy
    Nice to see fellow GHW members here. Welcome to the funhouse Andy.

?

Hey Andy!

to get back to the original question of "POR" pricing,,,i used to think that dealer/collectors did this to weed out all the time wasters but have now come to conclude that if they posted a price on their item,what ever the amount would be,it would also serve the same cause to "weed out" the less well-heeled collector and in my opinion,give the seller the most efficient process of selling his item,,,to those that can really afford it,,,i wont ever put a POR on my items for sale,,,i think it is snobbish to do so,,,in effect saying,.."if you have to ask,you probably can't afford it"...my 2cents

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4