Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed!

Article about: Hello all. This is my latest addition to my collection, reissued M35 Luftwaffe helmet . I was wondering if the paint is factory added or battle field applied? That`s why I need your help aga

Ves
    ?

Default Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed!

Hello all.
    This is my latest addition to my collection, reissued M35 Luftwaffe helmet . I was wondering if the paint is factory added or battle field applied? That`s why I need your help again.
    I would appreciate any comments and opinions.
    Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed! Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reissue M35 Luftwaffe Helmet - Paint opinion needed!
    P
    Many

Hi, a very nice M40 helmet, well done on a fine addition. As for your question, I am unsure, but edge towards a factory rough texture example. Leon.

M38
    ?

I agree with the owner that this is an M35 reissue. My guess is that the paint is field applied because it looks uneven and done by hand. Then the decal and a new steel liner was added. Can't really tell for sure from these photos but a nice helmet regardless and seems to be all period done.

Cheers,
    Terry

Ves
    ?

Quote by M38 View Post
    I agree with the owner that this is an M35 reissue. My guess is that the paint is field applied because it looks uneven and done by hand. Then the decal and a new steel liner was added. Can't really tell for sure from these photos but a nice helmet regardless and seems to be all period done.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Thanks for your reply Terry. In my opinion in the first place could be factory rough texture and later on second layer of paint might have been field applied. I am just guessing

Regards!
    Ves

Nice helmet !

Yep, M35 for me too. At least two layers of repaint with the last being a brush finish I think.

I am not expert on the decals but as we have learned over time decals seem to have been removed, added or covered with new ones under very varied circumstances.

Nice helmet

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

A very nice field reissue for me.

That is the way I like a helmet.. A nice reissued combat helmet I love that finish.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I don't know enough to make a fair judgement as to the paint being field-applied or not, but all I can say is that I like the helmet very much!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, a very nice M40 helmet, well done on a fine addition. As for your question, I am unsure, but edge towards a factory rough texture example. Leon.
    Hi, quite why I typed M40 I do not know, but I meant M35! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast