Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Reissued helmet for Police

Article about: The latest update from Butschek has an interesting helmet for sale. Sadly the decals are horrible. But still a nice addition. More photos on his shop. http://www.butschek-antiques.com/201...

?

Default Reissued helmet for Police

The latest update from Butschek has an interesting helmet for sale. Sadly the decals are horrible. But still a nice addition. More photos on his shop.

http://www.butschek-antiques.com/201...shp=oxbaseshop

""

Police double decal white camo helmet

Scarce reissued Czech WW2 period time helmet which was issued as a double decal Police helmet by the Germans. Taking foreign stock and reissuing it for the own troops did happen during WW2. This helmet is a textbook Czech helmet with Czech stamps which received a German paint and two police decals. Intact chin strap. On top of that, there is a period time white camo paint! So this police helmet has been painted white for winter combat! You can clearly see the decals underneath. You could certainly remove the white paint above the decals and recover them but we left everything as it is.
    This helmet was never part of a collection and turned of in Berlin! It could have been involved the the last days of WW2, the battle of Berlin!

""
    ---------

So dear collectors, anyone like this one?! I do, but would love to hear other members options.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reissued helmet for Police   Reissued helmet for Police  

Reissued helmet for Police   Reissued helmet for Police  

Reissued helmet for Police  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reissued helmet for Police
    P
    Many

Period white paint? ??
    Could just as easily be NATO white!

Pass....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Party shield looks to be fairly intact under the white paint, which I suspect was not period done. Hard to tell about the Police Adler. A rare one in any event. Jim G.

?

Well they were used and reissued with these decals.
    Here we have ROA troops with same helmet, not as white, but a nice pic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reissued helmet for Police  

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Well they were used and reissued with these decals.
    Here we have ROA troops with same helmet, not as white, but a nice pic.
    Here is one I have, not in great shape, but representative. I think the decals (at least the Party Shield) under the white paint on the piece that started the thread would be much more complete than what is left on this one. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reissued helmet for Police   Reissued helmet for Police  

I'm on the fence with that helmet. A few nice tunics in this auction. I'm sure prices will be astronomical, as usual.

A clarification guys ..
    I wasn't dissing the helmet or denying it's originality - just the white paint I believe spoils it.

THAT'S why I said pass.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Dan, I knew that is what you meant. I question the white paint as well, but it may be able to be stripped and if so, it would be a pretty decent piece. These are neat helmets, and it may be worth a punt if the bids don't go crazy. Cheers, Jim G.