Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?

Article about: Received this today, I know the history of this to about the '70's. It was found in a small Polish village, where it was painted for some reason and had a chinstrap riveted through the vents

Default Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?

Received this today, I know the history of this to about the '70's. It was found in a small Polish village, where it was painted for some reason and had a chinstrap riveted through the vents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?   Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?  

Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?   Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?  

"Per Ardua"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?
    P
    Many

So I decided to strip it of the white gloss paint, looking for any maker stamps or batch numbers, I could just make out that it's an ET62, but could only make out a 3 or an 8 on the batch, but as I stripped down the outer shell some decals appeared, I'm presuming that it's police because the side of the national shield. Any other thoughts??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?   Relic Police ET M35 Helmet?  

"Per Ardua"

Interesting part of the history is that it was discovered in the Szczekociny area of Poland. A bit of history here:

History - Jewish community before 1989 - Szczekociny - Virtual Shtetl

Pictures from a German in Szczekociny:

"Per Ardua"

Eventually finished this helmet, not exactly how I'd pictured it, but some decal is slightly visible on one side and ghosting on the other, couldn't get the lot number other than it has an "8" in it. Still has a fair amount of the original paint on it as well, finished it off with a coat of renaissance wax, all in all happy at its outcome, especially as it was free.

"Per Ardua"

Just one ?? Were you positive that white paint was applied post war ? Can't really tell from your first set of pics, close ups may have helped.

I heard helmets were sometimes used like that on farms , to stick them on posts so that when it got darker you could see the road or entrance better.

Yes, Real Steel, I'm positive it was done post war, the guy that gave it to me, his uncle was the one that painted it.
    "Per Ardua"

Okay...was just asking.

A nice save - sort of looks like white wash remnants now ........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    .....his uncle was the one that painted it.
    as Paul Harvey used to close with on his radio show: "and now you have the rest of the story" (probably only us in the US past a certain age understand...lol

Nice save on the helmet!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast