Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

repainted M40 Stahlhelm

Article about: I am considering purchase of this helmet; owner says it appears repainted and may have decal under paint. Can someone tell me if they think this paint is period reissued or is something off

Default repainted M40 Stahlhelm

I am considering purchase of this helmet; owner says it appears repainted and may have decal under paint. Can someone tell me if they think this paint is period reissued or is something off about it? Vet source was wwii vet in pacific but also stationed in Germany during Korean war.
    thank you
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture repainted M40 Stahlhelm   repainted M40 Stahlhelm  

repainted M40 Stahlhelm   repainted M40 Stahlhelm  

repainted M40 Stahlhelm   repainted M40 Stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement repainted M40 Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Based on these photos it is hard to tell what the exact color is. Black?? Either way it is not original war time paint IMO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As above - a post war repainted helmet most likely. Looks like an original helmet and liner. Paint under the black looks badly damaged so I don't know how much success you will have uncovering it. The paint on the interior appears original. NH

?

If its original paint underneath. If it’s at a good price then it might be worth to use nail polish remover with some cotton buds and very gently rub off the new paint. Especially where old decals could be

Quote by MAP View Post
    Based on these photos it is hard to tell what the exact color is. Black?? Either way it is not original war time paint IMO.
    yes black paint

MAP
    ?

Quote by josephc View Post
    yes black paint
    It's post war anyway but when ever you see black paint it is an immediate flag.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

possibly a heer decal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture repainted M40 Stahlhelm  

MAP
    ?

No way to tell to be honest.

?

Nonetheless there is a decal underneath that

Edit: if you attempt to use nail polish remover on it .
    Use a cotton bud that you would use for cleaning your ear and be VERY gentle

Hi, certainly a post war over paint, but other than that it is all original. Leon.