Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reputable UK Website?

Article about: Hi, Looking to buy my first helmet, however I have no idea where to start. I'd rather find a real trusted website to buy off and pay a bit extra than go to any kind of fair as well. Any thou

Default Reputable UK Website?

Hi,

Looking to buy my first helmet, however I have no idea where to start. I'd rather find a real trusted website to buy off and pay a bit extra than go to any kind of fair as well. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reputable UK Website?
    P
    Many

Real trusted websites do not exist , of course there are bad and better ones but if you do not know what is real best ask opinions first here before you part with your cash.

I'll give you a head start... Eagle Relics has just recently posted a number of helmets for sale. The owner is a member on here and he's a good lad, even though he's been banished to an Island...

If you don't mind paying 'London' prices, Regimentals are a good one for helmets, particularly German ones. I've heard of a horror story or two regarding SS helmets sold by them in the past, but they're a well-established dealer, and you don't get that way by being dishonest. I've bought other items from them with no problems, and have never had any cause for complaint.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Regardless of where you buy it from, auction, dealer, peer to peer, etc. Unless you truly know your stuff, Frank is 100% right. Post it FIRST for opinions. Better off walking away, then buying -> finding out it is bad/messed with -> and then going through the hassle of a return.

Quality dealers and reputable collectors should never worry about having their items pre-vetted.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the advice guys. When I buy one I'll be sure to post it here first!

MAP
    ?

Quote by ronstig View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. When I buy one I'll be sure to post it here first!
    "Before" you buy one...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As already said by one fellow collector, there are a good number of great dealers offering top items, having said this, it s very important prior buying to post the item in here for discussion, it s not the first time that an item out of confusion is no good. If I had to recommend one person to deal with, that would be without question John Brandon from Eagle Relics, he is a nice honest guy and a very active member of the forum