Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rescued helmet from the dump

Article about: Can you take a photo when you are holding the strap between you fingers? Just so we can see how it looks like?

Not sure if this is allowed or not (If not, admin, feel free to remove!) but I wanted to let anybody who was interested know that I just listed this helmet for sale on ebay: WWI Austrian M17 Helmet C A Scholtz Mateocz | eBay . I had a few emails with people who were interested, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do yet.

Thanks again, everyone for sharing your knowledge with me! I LOVE history, and love how artifacts make you feel connected to the past. Finding this helmet has caused me to spend hours reading and researching topics that I probably wouldn't have come across in the past. Hopefully it will go to somebody who will fully appreciate it, and know how to preserve it correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by nrnavarro1 View Post
    Just in case anyone cares, here is a photo of the name that is written in pencil on the inside. One photo is how the camera pictured it, and one is where I tried to darken it in photoshop. I still can't make it out, but then again, I'm not an expert in Austrian names... Maybe someone else has a guess??
    What feature in photoshop did you use to do this? I have a faint signature in an M15 Adrian i'd like to be able to read.

Holy sh*t that was being dumped!!!!
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

You really shouldn't advertise sales in a discussion thread.
    That said a nice 100% period Austrian with the original strap, I've a dead mint one in my collection.

Glenn66, it was a little bit of everything... I know I used the "background eraser" tool (not just the regular eraser...) to remove some of the darker contrasting background colors, I also messed with contrast/brightness to increase the darks, and lighten the lights. I also changed the hue/saturation. I found that the contrasting colors were more visible in different hues - such as the blues and yellows. Even with all that, I still can't read the name... Hope this helps!

?

Beautiful lid. Wish I would find one like that. Congrats.

Quote by nrnavarro1 View Post
    Glenn66, it was a little bit of everything... I know I used the "background eraser" tool (not just the regular eraser...) to remove some of the darker contrasting background colors, I also messed with contrast/brightness to increase the darks, and lighten the lights. I also changed the hue/saturation. I found that the contrasting colors were more visible in different hues - such as the blues and yellows. Even with all that, I still can't read the name... Hope this helps!
    I'm sure it will, thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123