Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RLB helmets with different size decals

Article about: Alright, so I should have gone to work today, but I have been trying to learn how to use the camera and never made it out of the yard! Anyway here are 2 very similar pieces, same shells, sam

Default RLB helmets with different size decals

Alright, so I should have gone to work today, but I have been trying to learn how to use the camera and never made it out of the yard! Anyway here are 2 very similar pieces, same shells, same paint, and similar liners (the one with the clip chinstrap has the standard size decal). The first picture is the large (standard size) decal and the last picture is the small decal (den kleinen Stern). I have attached a page from the German language Baer book that has a period photo of the Kleinen Stern, so yes, they did exist and this is real. Hope you like it. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB helmets with different size decals  
    Attached Images Attached Images RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals  RLB helmets with different size decals 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB helmets with different size decals
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: RLB helmets with different size decals

well now, That is something. Who would have known?

Excellent all the way . Thanks for your generosity.

I have only the larger decal type.

Nice helmets all around and thank you for the information. until now, I only knew the larger decal type.

George

Very nice helmets,I have never seen the small decal before on a helmet.Do you know the reason for the two types.I would guess the small one is very hard to find.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Very nice helmets,I have never seen the small decal before on a helmet.Do you know the reason for the two types.I would guess the small one is very hard to find.
    Hi Chris, I have seen several other examples and one, owned by a well known collector, is a TRIPLE decal piece, with a standard RLB decal on the front and the small decal on the sides. He speculates that the small decal was intended to be used on the side of the helmet, but that not many were produced, and ultimately the Star was replaced by the Luftschutz winged decal. He thinks that because no regulations were promulgated regarding the use of the small decal, non standard applications occurred at the whim of the fireman who got hold of the decal, but of course this is only speculation. Cheers, Jim G.

Very cool indeed....a first for me too! My only example has the larger decal. Thanks for sharing!

Rob

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Chris, I have seen several other examples and one, owned by a well known collector, is a TRIPLE decal piece, with a standard RLB decal on the front and the small decal on the sides. He speculates that the small decal was intended to be used on the side of the helmet, but that not many were produced, and ultimately the Star was replaced by the Luftschutz winged decal. He thinks that because no regulations were promulgated regarding the use of the small decal, non standard applications occurred at the whim of the fireman who got hold of the decal, but of course this is only speculation. Cheers, Jim G.
    Thank you for the info,You learn something every day.