Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42

Article about: Hi guys. here the M42. Former white painted. Took some pics. with and without flash ! Hope they are ok ! In hand the helmet looks much better than the pics. with flash shows ! The chinstrap

Default Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42

Hi guys. here the M42. Former white painted. Took some pics. with and without flash ! Hope they are ok ! In hand the helmet looks much better than the pics. with flash shows ! The chinstrap I think is an english webbing sling from a bag or something !? If you know ,please let me know ! I Will let the pics. talk ! If you want more pics. let me know ! Take a look at the first tread roadtrip finds 2 new helmets. ! There I had post the pics. of the M35. Thanks. Have a nice day ! SF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42   Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42  

Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42   Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42  

Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42
    P
    Many

Both look good to me imo not sure about the chinstrap though

Hi Panzer trooper. Thanks. The chinstrap was on the helmet when I bought it ! And have been on the helmet for a long time ! Rust marks from the bales on it ! Sometimes you see helmets with captured chinstraps put on by the soldier! But hard to tell for sure ! But I let it be as it is ! Because it was found that way ! Thanks again ! SF

I totally agree it gives it its character I wouldn't remove it looks fine.

I like them both. That web chinstrap on the 42 looks great! If only we knew who and when, but looking at these pictures it seems to be that lid for a long time.

Looks like a couple of nice Heer helmets chinstrap could be a field replacement they used all kinds of stuff when they didn't have issue or post war who knows nice original helments to my eyes right now. White paint could be reminets of snow cammo? timothy

?

The cloth chin strap almost looks like it could be Russian to me, good set of helmets both look fine

Very nice! What kind of a road trip were you on to find these?!?! Lucky find!

I'm trying to understand why there are so many remnants of white paint on the underside but absolutely none on the outside ........????

Nice lid otherwise ( personally I think the chinstrap is a post war addition )

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Roadtrip finds.Helmet 2. M42 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "