Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rough M40 German Helmet

Article about: Hey guys! It’s been a while. I’m starting to collect again and I noticed I do like the tougher beaten up helmets compared to better condition helmets as they seem to hold more history even i

Default Rough M40 German Helmet

Hey guys! It’s been a while. I’m starting to collect again and I noticed I do like the tougher beaten up helmets compared to better condition helmets as they seem to hold more history even if post war damaged lol. But anyways on this one it seems like whoever wore it might have been in a Machine gun unit as it looks like 12 M.G.K although I’m not sure this helmet does interest me. Any and all opinions are welcome thank you guys!
    *Will be adding another picture of the other side soon it has a badly scratched decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rough M40 German Helmet   Rough M40 German Helmet  

Rough M40 German Helmet   Rough M40 German Helmet  

Rough M40 German Helmet   Rough M40 German Helmet  

Rough M40 German Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rough M40 German Helmet
    P
    Many

The decal is almost practically gone and seems to be done on purpose. But will get close up photos sometime later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rough M40 German Helmet  

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Hey guys! It’s been a while. I’m starting to collect again and I noticed I do like the tougher beaten up helmets compared to better condition helmets as they seem to hold more history even if post war damaged lol.
    Well you buy what you like but on the question if a beater holds more history depends wholly on the fact if it has any history to be researched.
    If not than your decision is just a matter personal taste.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Hey guys! It’s been a while. I’m starting to collect again and I noticed I do like the tougher beaten up helmets compared to better condition helmets as they seem to hold more history even if post war damaged lol. .
    It depends what you mean by beaten up helmets... this one just shows years of neglect, whereas a helmet showing genuine signs of heavy combat use - such as dings and perforations is an entirely different matter. But as Frank say's, it really is a matter of personal taste... although for some collectors, financial considerations may also influence choice too.

Yes Harry I would say financial has a big part with mine or I wouldve already blown a fortune on them lol. Once you collect one its hard to stop