Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

sa gladiator stahlhelm

Article about: hello guys i have been offerd this nice sa gladiator helmet for 140 ex shipment and i would like your opinions thanks

Default sa gladiator stahlhelm

hello guys

i have been offerd this nice sa gladiator helmet for 140 ex shipment

and i would like your opinions

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sa gladiator stahlhelm   sa gladiator stahlhelm  

sa gladiator stahlhelm   sa gladiator stahlhelm  

sa gladiator stahlhelm   sa gladiator stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sa gladiator stahlhelm
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: sa gladiator stahlhelm

Hi Jacob,

For a good evaluation we need head on clear photos of the decals preferably in natural light with no flash glare and closer pics of that paint as well.

Unless the flash is washing out the contrast the brown looks to be rather light for an SA which should be a darker tone of brown and the helmet looks cleaned or scrubbed. Also not sure if that is a correct liner for a Gladiator pattern helmet. Normally there is a 3 pad 6 liner pattern liner you see in LS Gladiator helms, and tan multi-tongued liners. This liner appears of foriegn manufacture, note the steel grommets on the liner and the rivets don't appear right either. Spider senses tell me this is a put together fake.

See the attached textbook SA Gladiator for comparison along with SA decals.
    Last edited by DougB; 06-01-2009 at 12:59 AM.

I have two SA gladiator helmets in very different shades of brown. The first I will show is the standard brown which I blieve is for use by the standard SA. The second is an olive brown, which I believe is for wear by members of the SA Wehrmannschaft. The variance in colors is purposely done. The olive brown closely resembles the color of the Wehrmannschaft uniform.
    The vast majority of SA gladiator helmets are the one piece style. I agree that better images are needed for opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sa gladiator stahlhelm   sa gladiator stahlhelm  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

i asked for better pics but the helmet is sold

still trying to get the pics

?

Nice examples Bob. The one in question I cannot get over the washed appearance, with decals appearing over the wash, and the liner with metal grommets which looks like its from an Adrian perhaps and corresponding mismatched rivets. Better that it is sold, wait for a one looker example like what is posted above.

very nice examples thanks for showing

i aint surtching for these kind of helmets but sometimes i get an offer

again thanks for the help and the info

cheers jacob

Quote by DougB View Post
    Nice examples Bob. The one in question I cannot get over the washed appearance, with decals appearing over the wash, and the liner with metal grommets which looks like its from an Adrian perhaps and corresponding mismatched rivets. Better that it is sold, wait for a one looker example like what is posted above.

Doug-
    I have noticed that for some reason, the real SA decal set looses detail after application. Every helmet I have ever seen or held has the same appearance as if someone had put rubbing compound on the decals. It goes from a trace amount to extremely faded.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Good to know that Bob. I have the factory M35 SA DD that Darryl used to own, would post the decals for comparison but my personal laptop is still out for repair.